When making these amazing Homemade Blueberry Cupcakes made with fresh blueberries the best frosting to use is homemade cream cheese frosting. The combination of the frosting with the blueberry cupcake is amazing. These blueberry cupcakes use fresh blueberries, which is perfect for when you are trying to figure out what to do with all the blueberries you have picked during blueberry picking season 🙂
If you are looking for the perfect butter cream frosting recipe check out this How to make Buttercream Frosting like a bakery, if you are looking for an awesome cake recipe for your everyday cake needs, Making a boxed cake mix taste like a bakery cake is the way to go.
Blueberry Cupcakes made with fresh blueberries
Blueberry Cupcakes (Made with Fresh Blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, and both sugars.
- Whisk in egg, sour cream, half & half, vanilla bean paste, and lemon zest.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, then fold in blueberries.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking, make frosting. This cream cheese frosting is perfect for these blueberry cupcakes
Check out these other great cupcakes recipes:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here