I find it is very import to get your kids into the kitchen and start teaching them how to cook. It is not just something I do with my daughter but my one year old son even loves to help. If you start them off at a young age they will learn that cooking doesn’t have to be a chore it can be something fun. The other day we were in the kitchen making some blueberry muffins when my daughter said mommy can we have all the berries. I thought why not I have never had a mixed berry muffin but once you make the basic muffin mix you can chose what ever you would like to be that added flavor. You can do this with what ever blend of berries you can find in season or you can use frozen berries.
Very Berry Muffins
Very Berry Muffins Ingredients
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups All purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Blueberries
- 3/4 Cup Raspberries
- 3/4 Cup Strawberries, Sliced
Very Berry Muffins Directions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and butter until well combined.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Fold in the berries.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean when inserted into the middle.
- Remove from the pan and let them cool on a cooling rack.
- Store in an air tight container.