Do your kids LOVE Little Bites? If so then they are going to LOVE these mini blueberry banana muffins. You are going to want to make extras to freeze so you always have a grab-and-go breakfast on hand.
Mini blueberry banana muffins
My kids love it when I buy them the little packets of muffins however they are not on the cheap side at all and it is so much cheaper to make a batch of mini muffins at home. These mini blueberry banana muffins are perfect for snacks at home and packing in the kids lunch boxes.
When making these I couldn’t decide between banana or blueberry so, I thought well why not do both! These Blueberry Banana Bread Bites did not last long in the house, and I am sure they won’t last long in your house either! These are great to put in the kiddos lunch boxes too!!
Since the first time I made these muffins the kids have begged me to make them many times. I sometimes think they skip eating bananas I buy just so they get to the brown stage so I can make them treats they love.
Have brown bananas to use up? Check out some of these tasty recipes!
- Banana Chocolate chip pancakes
- Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip waffles
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Chocolate chip muffins
- Pumpkin Banana muffins
- Banana Carrot muffins
- Banana Coconut Muffins
Tips for Making the best muffins
Room temperature ingredients. Having room temperature milk, butter and eggs when making muffins is going to give you perfectly fluffy muffins every time. When you use room temperature ingredients you get a smooth mixture that traps the air when mixing and then gives you fluffy muffins as they bake in the oven.
Gently stir the batter. When you are mixing the batter you don’t want to over stir.
How Long Do you Bake Mini Muffins?
The great thing about making mini muffins is they take much quicker to bake than larger muffins. You only need to bake mini muffins for 8-13 minutes depending on the type of mini muffin that you are making.
How to Store Homemade Muffins
Store cooled muffins in an air tight container. These muffins will keep for 3-4 days if stored properly.
How to Freeze Homemade Muffins
Once you have baked the muffins, remove them from the muffin tin and allow them to cool completely. Place them in a single layer in a plastic freezer bag and lay flat in the freezer.
Blueberry Banana Mini muffins will last up to 6 months in the freezer.
To reheat the homemade muffins remove them from the freezer and heat them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Blueberry Banana Muffins Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup blueberries
Blueberry Banana Mini Bites Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Grease your mini muffin tins.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, set it aside.
In the bowl of your mixer cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 5 minutes.
Reduce the speed to low and add eggs in one at a time.
Incorporate the buttermilk, vanilla and bananas into the butter mixture.
Slowly add in the flour mixture into the butter mixture, stir just until combined.
Carefully fold in the blueberries making sure you don’t over mix them.
Scoop your mixture into the pan so it fills them up halfway.
Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
Place them on a cooling rack then store in an airtight container.
Easy Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry, Strawberry and Raspberry muffins
- Watermelon and Blueberry fruit salad
- Blueberry Cupcakes
- Greek Yogurt Blueberry muffins
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
Mini blueberry banana muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your mini square pans or muffin tins.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, set it aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low and add eggs in one at a time.
- Incorporate the buttermilk, vanilla and bananas into the butter mixture.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture into the butter mixture, stir just until combined.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries making sure you don’t over mix them.
- Scoop your mixture into the pan so it fills them up halfway.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
Looking for more Tasty Recipes? Check these out!