Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes. These homemade pancakes are easy to make pancake recipe from scratch that is loaded with bananas and chocolate chips.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Breakfast should be tasty and fun and these Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes are always a winner in our house. Fluffy homemade pancakes loaded with banana and chocolate chips, all the kids say YES please! These chocolate chip banana pancakes have the perfect balance in flavor while being perfectly fluffy. No one can say no to these homemade Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
Easy Pancake Recipes
- Birthday Cake Pancakes
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes
What to serve with Pancakes
I am for healthy meals in our house, but sometimes you have to make things fun and exciting. These homemade pancakes with bananas might not be a fully healthy pancake recipe but they sure are delicious! I count them as a healthy breakfast because they have bananas and then I serve them with healthy breakfast sides like fruit and bacon.
There are lots of tasty sides to serve with pancakes for breakfast. Some of our favorites are:
- Bacon (Be sure to check out the the best ever bacon recipe)
- Pork Roll
- canadian bacon
- Fruit Salad
How to Make Pancakes fluffy
To have the best fluffy pancake recipe ever the most important thing is using fresh ingredients. Old ingredients will give you flat pancakes. If you are making homemade pancake mix ahead of time then you want to be sure that you store it in an air tight container so everything stays fresh.
Do NOT over mix. You want those clumps in your pancakes, they are vital to making pancakes fluffy. If you over mix the batter you will end up with tough, unfluffy pancakes.
Don’t flip your pancakes to soon (or to late).When you see the bubbles starting to pop flip that pancake over! Over cooking pancakes will also make them tough and unfluffy.
Banana Chocolate Chip Recipes
- Banana Chocolate Chip waffles
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Banana Chocolate Milkshake
- Frozen Chocolate covered bananas
How to Freeze Pancakes
I like to make large batches of pancakes at a time to make breakfasts during the busy week even easier.
Freezing pancakes is so easy. Just cook your pancakes and allow them to cool. Once they are cooled stack into piles of serving size you normally make. We do 3 pancakes per pile. Wrap each pile with plastic wrap and then put all wrapped piles of pancakes into a gallon size freezer bag and place in the freezer.
To reheat the homemade pancakes, remove a frozen pancake stack and heat in the microwave in the plastic wrap for 30-45 seconds depending on your microwave.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes Ingredients
- milk chocolate chips
- mashed bananas (2 bananas)
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
In another bowl mix the egg and milk.
Add the milk, and egg to the bowl with the dry ingredients.
Use the bowl from the egg and milk and add the bananas and mash with a fork. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract.
Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
Add the banana, chocolate chips, egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
Heat your frying pan or griddle to medium and pour the batter on a lightly oiled pan, flip when bubbles start to pop.
Cook for an additional two minutes.
Easy Breakfast Recipes
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix the egg and milk.
- Add the milk, and egg to the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Use the bowl from the egg and milk and add the bananas and mash with a fork. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Add the banana, chocolate chips, egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Heat your frying pan or griddle to medium and pour the batter on a lightly oiled pan, flip when bubbles start to pop.
- Cook for an additional two minutes.