I have never been a big breakfast person, if I wanted those foods I would end up having them for dinner. My good to breakfast is some kind of a breakfast bread. I am able to enjoy it sitting on my couch with a cup of coffee and a good book…. who am I kidding, i really mean some kid show on the tv. One thing I always have to buy in bulk in my house is bananas. Everyone has at lease one banana a day! Every once in a while, I end up with a few overripe bananas on my hands. Now this is far from a bad thing because the browner a banana gets the sweeter the banana taste. The texture of the banana is also softer so you are able to smash the banana easier. All of these lead to a great medium to make bread with. Now Since it is the fall time I figured I would combine the great texture from the bananas with the great fall flavor of pumpkin. I really enjoy this with my Pumpkin Spice Coffee . Check out here to learn how I make my own pumpkin spice blend.
Pumpkin Banana Bread
Pumpkin Banana Bread Ingredients
- 2 brown bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Pumpkin Banana Bread Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8×4 inch bread with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and sugar together with a fork until smooth. Stir in the butter, pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until well combined, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie extract, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir your flour mixture into the banana mixture just until combined, do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
- Slice and serve.
Love Pumpkin? Check out these amazing Pumpkin Recipes!
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Gingersnap
- Pecan Maple Streusel Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Pie French Toast
- Pumpkin Cake Recipe
If you are looking for other bread recipes then you will love these too:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here