Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes are my favorite fall breakfast. These homemade pumpkin pancakes with sweet chocolate chips are moist, fluffy and the best pumpkin pancake recipe ever!
One of the best combinations ever is pumpkin and chocolate. The two amazing flavors combine and then you have this awesomeness that is almost hard to rival. The only other flavor combo I have found that rivals chocolate and pumpkin is peanut butter and chocolate.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Pumpkin & Chocolate! Yes Please!
I have been loving pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes for a long time. As soon as the fall weather hits I start bringing out all things pumpkin and making my favorites. Ok, I will also admit that there are many times that summer is still going strong when I get the urge to enjoy some pumpkin, and I totally do!
Looking for more tasty pumpkin recipes? Check these out!
In our house Saturday means homemade pancakes. It has been a long time tradition for us to make pancakes on Saturday mornings and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. However I like to change things up and make different types of pancakes so we never get bored.
When fall comes, or even before hand most of the time Saturday becomes pumpkin pancake day. There are a few days that we have apple cinnamon pancakes, but we all love pumpkin so much that is our normal go to!
I am pretty sure that the first day I make these each year my kids think that it is time for all things pumpkin. I totally do not disagree with them, but I am totally ok with pumpkin all year round ;).
Looking for more pancake recipes? Check these out!
How to Make Fluffy Pancakes
These pumpkin pancakes with chocolate chips are the fluffiest pancake I have ever made! If you have been around here for a while then you know fluffy pancakes are a must when I am making pancakes.
The key to these pancakes it not to over mix the batter once you add in your flour. If you over mix it then the gluten starts forming stronger bonds and they lose that light and fluffy texture. So DO NOT over mix! You want your pancake batter to have chunks in it!
What to serve with Pancakes
There are lots of tasty sides to serve with pancakes for breakfast. Some of our favorites are:
- Bacon (Be sure to check out the the best ever bacon recipe)
- Pork Roll
- canadian bacon
- Fruit Salad
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes Ingredients
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice. These homemade pancakes have that great pumpkin pie flavor thanks to my my homemade pumpkin pie spice mix!
- chocolate chips
- pumpkin puree. I also love using my home made pumpkin puree when I can get my hands on fresh pumpkins. If you can’t get or don’t feel like making your own pumpkin puree don’t worry about it use canned pumpkin puree.
- brown sugar
- large egg
- vegetable oil
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Preheat your griddle to 350 degrees or your frying pan over medium heat. I personally prefer to use a griddle because I can cook more pancakes at a time on it.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and chocolate chips. Then set it aside.
Get out your stand mixer and in the bowl of your mixer combine the pumpkin, sugar, egg, oil and buttermilk. Using the whisk attachment whisk all the ingredients together until they are light, fluffy and smooth. It will only take about 1 minute.
Remove your bowl from the mixer and gently stir in the flour mixture just until it has started to combine. Do not worry about lumps they will work themselves out. You do not want to take all the lumps out, the lumps are an important part to making pancakes fluffy.
With a measuring cup scope out your pancake mix out onto your hot pan or griddle. Cook on each side until golden brown.
You can make these pancakes whatever size you want to, but for serving sizes this recipe normally makes me 12 pancakes. The nutrition information below is based on making 12 pancakes and the nutrition information for each pancake.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip PancakesPin Recipe Print Recipe
- Preheat your griddle to 350 degrees or your frying pan over medium heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and chocolate chips, set it aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine the pumpkin, sugar, egg, oil and buttermilk. With the whisk attachment whisk these ingredients together until they are lighten and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Remove your bowl from the mixer and gently stir in the flour mixture just until it has started to combine. Do not worry about lumps they will work themselves out.
- With a 1/3 measuring cup scope out your pancake mix out onto your hot pan. Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Enjoy warm with some butter and maple syrup.
8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving
Love Pumpkin? Check out these amazing Pumpkin Recipes!
Moist Pumpkin Bread (Makes Muffins or a loafs of bread!)
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here