If you are looking for a fluffy pancake recipe that will blow your tastebuds out of the water, this Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe are just what you need to make. Homemade pancake mix with cinnamon and sugar swirls. It is like a cinnamon bun but better because it is in pancake form and so much easier to make then homemade cinnamon buns.
Make sure you also check out the video below on How to make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. I will warn you, it is going to make you hungry!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Every year for Christmas we always woke you to having cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I love that tradition but i was looking to put a new spin on it. This Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe with cream cheese glaze was the perfect twist on a family Christmas tradition. I will warn you though, they don’t last long, everyone gobbles them up like crazy!
These cinnamon roll pancakes are seriously even better then a cinnamon roll. I know, I know you are thinking how in the world could a cinnamon pancake better then a cinnamon roll. Well let me just tell you that once you take your first bite of these cinnamon roll pancakes you are going to know the answer.
It had the flavor of a cinnamon bun but the fluffy texture of a pancake. These are a homemade pancake, no box pancake mix used pancake that is amazing and full of flavor, nice and sweet and goes perfect any morning. And don’t worry if you have never made pancakes from scratch it is fairly easy 🙂
This Cinnamon Roll Pancakes with cream cheese glaze recipe will make you 3 pancakes, but the recipe is super easy to double or triple, and who wouldn’t want to have theses in the freezer ready to go where you just have to make the cream cheese glaze after warming them up!
How to make cinnamon swirls in pancakes
You can use a ziplock bag however I find it easier to use squeeze bottles for my cinnamon filling. I also find it MUCH easier to cook these pancakes (and all my pancakes) on my griddle vs in a skillet or pan.
If you are looking for an amazing side dish to go with these pancakes this brown sugar bacon is sooooo goood! Plus you can make the bacon while cooking your pancakes… Ok now I am really hungry thinking about that AMAZING meal!!!
Plus if you are a pancake fan after making these Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes you should totally try these Pumpkin Chocolate chip pancakes, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes and Chunky Monkey Pancakes! Plus add my favorite homemade pancakes recipe to your list too! We might like pancakes just a tiny bit in our house. 😉
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes:
When you make cinnamon roll pancakes, it is not much harder then making homemade pancakes however there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Use a nonstick pan or griddle. The cinnamon roll filling is sticky since it is made with sugar and butter, so your pan can use the bit of help to keep them from sticking.
- Use a thin spatula, it makes flipping the pancakes easier.
- Before adding the cinnamon roll filling wait until the bubbling has started while the pancakes are cooking. Otherwise you will end up with your filling sliding out.
- You can make these pancakes whatever size you want to, however my kiddos like to have large pancakes so I like to make them less larger pancakes.
- Wipe your pan after each set of pancakes is done. You will have sugar burn on your pan if you don’t wipe the pan in between cooking.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
If you are looking for a pancake recipe that will blow your tastebuds out of the water, this Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe are just what you need to make.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2- ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
Cinnamon Roll filling Directions:
- Stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Scoop the filling into a quart-sized heavy zip baggie or a squeeze bottle and set it aside.
- Cream cheese glaze directions:
- heat the butter over low heat in a small sauce pan until melted.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream cheese until it is almost smooth.
- Sift the powdered sugar into the pan, stir and add in vanilla extract.
- Set the pan aside while you make the pancakes.
- NOTE: If you would like to have a brown tinted glaze you can by cooking the butter a little longer to give it the brown tint. It will taste the same no matter which way you cook it
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Directions:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in the milk, egg and oil, just until the batter has combined.
- Preheat your pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter to pan and spread it to make a nice circle.
- Reduce the heat to low. Snip the corner of your bag of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner. When your pancake begins to form bubbles, swirl in the filling.
- Heat pan on LOW HEAT. Cook the pancake 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bubbles begin popping on top of the pancake and it’s golden brown on the bottom. Flip the pancake over. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the other side is golden as well.
If you would like to have a brown tinted glaze you can by cooking the butter a little longer to give it the brown tint. It will taste the same no matter which way you cook it.
This Cinnamon Roll pancakes recipe makes small 9 pancakes. Size will depend on how much batter you use when making these pancakes.
If you are wanting to make a full meal double, triple ect the recipe according to how many people you are serving.
If you love pancakes then you also should try these awesome Pancake recipes:
- Funfetti Pancakes Mix
- The Best Homemade Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
Plus you should totally check out these amazing waffle recipes too!
More Tasty Breakfast Recipes
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here