If you are looking for the perfect birthday pancake then you are going to love these Funfetti Pancakes!
These funfetti pancakes are like eating birthday cake for breakfast, which we all know is like the best breakfast ever! These homemade pancakes have the perfect fluffiness that is a must for any pancake recipe.
You won’t need a mix to make these amazing birthday cake pancakes. However I will suggest that you keep a huge jar of sprinkles on hand, like this one, because once you make these for the kids they are going to want you to make them again and again.
I like the classic funfetti look so I use rainbow sprinkles when making these birthday pancakes. To add a little special love to the pancakes I top them with heart shaped strawberry slices. Strawberries already have a shape that is close to a heart you just need to cut the top slightly to add to the shape. Super easy!
How to Make Funfetti Pancakes
- Preheat the griddle or pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the milk, egg and oil, just until the batter has combined.
- Cut the top off the strawberries in a v shape, slice the strawberries to make hearts and set aside.
- Grease the pan with butter. Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter to pan and spread it to make a nice circle. Top the pancake with sprinkles. Cook the pancake 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bubbles begin popping on top of the pancake and it’s golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip the pancake over. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the other side is golden as well.
- Place on the plate than top with your heart shaped strawberries.
Check out these other Great Breakfast Recipes!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here