There is just something so refreshing about a berry cupcake and these Blackberry cupcakes with Fresh Blackberries are amazing!! If you love blackberry recipes and you love amazing cupcakes then you are going to LOVE this homemade cupcake recipe!
Costco had a great deal on blackberries when I went, so naturally, I went with something that I can get a bargain on. Having those fresh blackberries in my fridge we’re driving us all nuts. We could eat an entire Costco size package in one sitting!
My favorite part about these cupcakes the combination of the spongy texture of the cake with the juicy berry on the bottom. Even though the blackberries are called black they turn everything a nice purple shade and boy do they look pretty!
These cupcakes are a perfect addition to any of your upcoming summer barbecues. Plus they are very light and they will not weigh you down like a chocolate cupcake might.
For the base of these cupcakes, I used my classic Bakery style vanilla cupcake batter. This is seriously the BEST vanilla cupcake recipe ever! It reminds me of the cupcakes that I get from bakeries.
I have always loved bakery style cupcakes, and when I went to cooking school being able to learn all the tricks and tips to making the perfect cupcake was amazing. Now I get to pass on all the secrets to you guys so you can make bakery style cupcakes at home!
Blackberry Cupcakes with Blackberry Frosting
If you are wanting on AMAZING cupcake, then you are going to want to make these blackberry cupcakes and then also make some blackberry buttercream. This cupcake recipe will make 24 cupcakes and the blackberry frosting will make enough for 24 cupcakes. Then top these moist blackberry cupcakes, with the frosting and top them with a fresh blackberry! OH YUUUM!
If you are looking for a little decorating tip than check out how I get my perfect cupcake swirl with the buttercream frosting. It is super easy!
Blackberry Cupcakes Supplies
Blackberry cupcakes Ingredients
- self rising Flour
- cake flour
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
How to Make Blackberry Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pans with your choice of cupcake wrappers.
- Place your self-rising flour, cake flour, and sugar in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together for a minute or two until they are well combined.
- Cut your butter into tablespoon pieces. Slowly add your butter into the flour mixture one piece at a time continue mixing until you have reached the texture of sand.
- Pour half of your milk into the flour mixture and mix just until the milk is incorporated. Use your rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of your bowl. Add your remaining milk and the vanilla to your batter and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in one egg at a time to the cake batter, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Press one blackberry into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 10 minutes then rotate the cake pans so the pan that was on the top rack is now on the bottom and the pan that was on the bottom is now on the top rack. Continue to bake for another 10-13 minute until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack until they have reached room temperature.
9 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per cupcake without icing
Looking for more frosting recipes? Check these out and don’t miss this awesome list of cupcake frosting recipes including:
Love Cupcakes? Check these out!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here