Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting. The perfect combination of peanut butter cookies and frosting come together in this homemade peanut butter frosting that tastes just like a peanut butter cookie!
Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting
Everyone loves a peanut butter cookie and everyone is going to LOVE this Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting! I promise you that when you make this frosting it is going to be a HUGE hit!
Peanut Butter Cookies bring back AMAZING memories for me. I remember when I was about five years old sitting on the counter in my mom’s kitchen. She didn’t have all the skills in the kitchen but she was great at making memories. It was always a lot of fun making cookies with my mom.
One of the cookies we made was classic peanut butter cookies. My favorite part was rolling the cookies in the sugar and using a fork to press them down to create the fun pattern on top. Funny thing about it, I still remember sometimes I would squish them down flatter than a pancake. Unfortunately those cookies always ended up hard as a rock because they are so thin but we still had fun.
My daughter is now my baking buddy in the kitchen and I am having a ton of fun making memories with her. I am a bit different then my mom though, I do have skills in the kitchen. So I thought it would be awesome to take the peanut butter cookies and make a twist on it with cupcakes.
Easy Bakery Style Frosting Recipes
- vanilla buttercream
- marshmallow buttercream
- Caramel Buttercream
- Lemon Buttercream
- Mint Buttercream
- Chocolate Raspberry buttercream
- Peanut butter buttercream
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Cookie dough frosting
- Sugar Free Strawberry Buttercream
- Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream
- Almond Buttercream
What Cupcake Flavor Pairs with Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting?
This frosting is amazing and can be paired with Chocolate cupcakes or vanilla cupcakees. If you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter then you need to try these Peanut Butter Blossom Cupcakes! They are amazing!
How many days in advanced can I make this frosting?
You can make this homemade frosting 3 days in advanced of when you want to use it and store it at room temperature. You can make this peanut butter frosting up to 2 weeks ahead of time if you are going to store it in the fridge or up to 3 months in advance if you are freezing it.
Can you Freeze Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting?
You can freeze Peanut Butter cookie buttercream frosting for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Allow the frosting to fully thaw and then put it in the bowl of the stand mixer and rewhip until fluffy and smooth.
How do you soften refrigerated frosting?
When you take the homemade Peanut Butter cookie frosting out of the refrigerator let it sit at room temperature for two hours. Then re-whip it in the bowl of your stand mixer for ten minutes to bring it back to smooth and fluffy.
Tips for Making Peanut Butter cookie Frosting
When you go to make your crisscross pattern on the frosting if the frosting sticks to the fork just dip your fork in a little bit of powdered sugar.
You will want to make the frosting while your cupcakes are baking.
This Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting is thicker then normal frosting, you will not be able to pipe this frosting on to a cake or cupcakes, however it does work well as a filling for a cake.
Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting Ingredients
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting
Mix the butter and peanut butter in a bowl and then beat on medium-high for 1 minute.
Turn off the mixer, add in the confectioners’ sugar and mix on low speed until fully incorporated.
Increase the speed to medium and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes.
How to Use Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting
Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture and use clean, dry hands to form it into a patty. Use the tines of a fork to make the classic crisscross pattern on top of the “cookie”. Repeat with the remaining peanut butter mixture so you end up with 24 “cookies”.
Place the cookie frosting on top of the cupcake gently pressing down so it sticks.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Peanut Butter cup dessert dip
- Chocolate chip Peanut butter thumbprint cookies
- M&M Chocolate Peanut butter balls
- Peanut butter Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter eggs
- Peanut Butter Bon Bons
Peanut Butter Cookie Frosting
- Mix the butter and peanut butter in a bowl and then beat on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Turn off the mixer, add in the confectioners’ sugar and mix on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Increase the speed to medium and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture and use clean, dry hands to form it into a patty. Use the tines of a fork to make the classic crisscross pattern on top of the “cookie”. Repeat with the remaining peanut butter mixture so you end up with 24 "cookies".
- Place the peanut butter cookie buttercream on top of the cupcake gently pressing down so it sticks.
9 Weight Watchers Points per serving on the Freestyle Program,