If you are looking for an amazing homemade buttercream frosting and you are a mint fan then you are going to LOVE this Mint Buttercream Frosting! This mint frosting has amazing texture and is just like the frosting you get when you buy a cake from a bakery.
Mint Buttercream Frosting Recipe
I love homemade frosting. Seriously it is so much better then the jarred frosting, and it tastes JUST like the frosting you get whenever you order a cake from a bakery. I am not talking your grocery store bakery, I mean like the REAL bakery that has all the amazing frosting flavors, cake flavors and makes you drool just walking in the door.
Mint Dessert Recipes
- Mint Chocolate chip meringue cookies
- Andes Mint cookies
- Mint chocolate chip cupcakes
- Andes Mint cupcakes
- Mint chocolate cookie milkshake
To be totally honest with you, I could so eat a spoonful of the amazingness without any cake or cupcake, but it tastes sooo good on chocolate cupcakes. This Mint Buttercream frosting goes perfect on top of chocolate cupcakes or vanilla cupcakes. In fact it is the same mint frosting that I use when I make Andes Mint Cupcakes. If you haven’t made them yet, I highly suggest you try them. They get rave reviews anytime I make them to bring to a party.
If you are running short on time to make homemade cakes or cupcakes, a few little tweaks to a boxed cake mix will make a boxed cake mix taste homemade!
Decorating with Mint Buttercream
You can use this mint frosting for decorating cakes and cupcakes, along with using it as a filling. It makes a great filling for chocolate chip sandwich cookies. Oh, and homemade brownies! Make them and let them cool and then spread this chocolate mint frosting on the top! You can thank me later for telling you about the tasty combo!
If you have always wanted to make an icing swirl so you have pretty cupcakes, check out this step by step guide on how to make an icing swirl. It really changes the look of your cupcakes!
If you are using different flavored frostings and want them both on top of your cupcake swirled together, check out how to swirl two icing flavors.
If you want to layer your frosting flavors, check out the layered frosting swirl!
Mint Buttercream Ingredients
- confectionary sugar
- hot water
- mint extract or Peppermint extract depending on the mint flavor you want.
- green food coloring (optional)
How to make Mint Buttercream
It is super simple to make this homemade buttercream frosting. All you need is a few ingredients, a mixing bowl and a hand mixer or your KitchenAid mixer. Personally I use my KitchenAid because it makes things so easy!
Start off by mixing the soft butter and shortening together till nice and creamy on medium speed.
Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the shortening mixture.Once you have added all the sugar to the mix add in the hot water and the mint extract.Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
Easy Frosting Recipes
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Vanilla Bakery Style Buttercream Frosting
- Peanutbutter Buttercream Frosting
- Strawberry Buttercream frosting
- Blackberry Buttercream Frosting
- Mocha Buttercream Frosting
- Almond Buttercream
Mint Buttercream Frosting
- Start off by mixing the soft butter and shortening together till nice and creamy on medium speed.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the shortening mixture.
- Once you have added all the sugar to the mix add in the hot water and the mint extract.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
6 WeightWatchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program per serving.
Love Cupcakes? Check these out!
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter And Jelly Cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes