Soft and chewy andes mint cookies are the perfect combination of chocolate chip cookies and mint cookies. Soft and chewy cookies, loaded with chocolate chips and Andes mints! These cookies will be loved by all!
Andes Mint Cookies Recipe
I love the mint and chocolate flavor combination almost as much as I love the peanut butter and chocolate combination and Andes mints have always been a favorite of mine.
The two flavors compliment each other so well and when you combine chocolate and mint in a dessert you always end up with amazing dessert. One of my first creations with mint and chocolate was my Andes mint cupcakes. They are so stinkin amazing I knew I had to come up with an Andes mint cookie!
Love chocolate and mint? Be sure to check out these recipes!
- Mint Chocolate Chip Frosting
- Mint Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
- Peppermint Oreo Cookies
- Mint Buttercream Frosting
Mint Chocolate Cookies
I first made and shared this Andes mint cookies recipes back in like 2015. The pictures did not do the cookies justice (they look tasty but they didn’t scream EAT ME NOW, which is what a cookie photo should do). However if you have made these chocolate and mint cookies in the past and loved them have no worries the recipe is 100% the same, just with new photos!
Looking for more cookie recipes? Check these out!
Can I skip the Green Food Coloring?
Yes! You can totally skip the green food coloring when you are making these cookies. When I make these cookies I tend to make them when we are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and dye them green. However if you are wanting to skip the food coloring you totally can, it will not change the flavor of the cookie.
Andes Mint Green Cookies Ingredients
- 2.5 cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and room temperature
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 28 Andes mints
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 20 drops green food coloring (optional)
Andes Mint Green Cookies Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together sugar and butter, about 5 minutes.
While the sugar and butter cream together, chop up the andes mints. You can do large chunks or small chunks depending on your preference.
Next, add the eggs, peppermint extract and food coloring if using and mix until just combined in to the stand mixer.
Then add in the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
With a rubber spatula stir in the andes mints and chips.
Drop cookie dough by tablespoon on ungreased baking sheet or a silicone baking mat and bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes.
Remove from baking sheet and place on a cookie cooling rack to cool.
Love Chocolate Chip Cookies? You will LOVE these Cookie Recipes too!
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip cookies
- Banana chocolate chip cookies
andes mint cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together sugar and butter, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, peppermint extract and food coloring if using and mix until just combined.
- Add in flour mixture and mix on low until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- With a rubber spatula stir in the mints and chips.
- Drop by tablespoon on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes.