If you are looking for a fun Halloween cookie then you are going to love these Vampire Cookies! These vampire cookies are made with homemade chocolate chip cookies, marshmallows, frosting and almonds. Vampire cookies are for sure going to put some creepy in your Halloween fun!
This halloween cookie recipe is so much fun to make! When you are all said and done you have some creepy vampire mouths! They are totally perfect for Halloween!
My kids love these cookies and had a ton of fun helping me make them! I was aiming for scary but one of my kids said they are cute vampire cookies, whatever works kid! As long as they are a tasty and fun Halloween treat and you guys like them then I am happy!
Easy Halloween Cookies
- Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Oreo Pops
- Mummy Cookies
- Monster eyeball Cookies
- Zombie Brain Cookies
- Jack Skellington Cookies
Be sure to check out the fun Halloween crafts we have, they are perfect for a fun halloween party for kids! There are so many great ones that are perfect for the kids! Looking for more Fall recipes? Be sure to check out these 90 amazing Pumpkin Recipes that are perfect for fall!
Vampire Cookies Ingredients
Chocolate chip cookies. There is nothing that beats a homemade chocolate chip cookie! If you are using store bought cookies, make sure you are using a soft chocolate chip cookie, the hard ones will crumble when you go to break them to make the mouth shape. You can make these Vampire cookies with store bought chocolate chip cookies if you are running short on time, however I personally prefer to use homemade soft chocolate chip cookies. You want to make them so they are a bit bigger then you normally would make them, so that you can break them in half to make the mouth.
Red food coloring. I prefer to use gel food coloring when I am coloring frosting.
Mini marshmallows. Mini marshmallows will give these vampire cookies their normal teeth.
Slivered almonds. Almond slivers to give them that creepy vampire look!
How to Make Vampire Cookies
Once cookies are made and cooled and frosting is made cut each cookie in half to make 2 semi- circles.
Lay the cookie halves on a baking sheet.
Using a piping bag, pipe the buttercream on the cookies.
On 1/2 of the cookie place the marshmallows into the front of the semi-circle to create the vampire’s teeth. Place the other half of the cookie onto the top of the marshmallows gently pressing down so the top will stick. Repeat this with all the cookies
Add two slivered almonds to the front of the cookie leaving a small space in between to create the vampire fangs. Repeat this on all the vampire mouths.
Easy Halloween Treat Recipes
- Mummy Twinkies
- Halloween Hot Chocolate
- Ghost Lolipops
- Banana Ghosts
- Jack O Lantern Quesadillas
- Ghost Cheese Sticks
Vampire Cookie Ingredients
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
How to Make Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, kosher salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
- Beat your butter, sugar and brown sugar together with your mixer on medium speed until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and then vanilla just until combined.
- Turn the speed down to low and carefully add in the flour mixture just until it’s combined.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- With a 1/4 cup scoop, scoop out the dough into balls.
- Arrange them on a sheet pan about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, just until the edges start turning brown. Halfway through rotate the pans so the cookies will cook evenly.
- Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 5 to 10 minutes.
How to Make buttercream Frosting
- In your mixer’s bowl mix butter and shortening.
- Then add in the confectioners sugar and mix it little bit little until the sugar is incorporated into the butter/shortening mixture.
- Add in the vanilla extract and hot water.
- Add 5-10 drops of red food coloring and Continue mixing the buttercream for 10 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
How to Assemble Vampire Cookies
- Once cookies are made and cooled and frosting is made cut each cookie in half to make 2 semi- circles.
- Lay the cookie halves on a baking sheet.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the buttercream on the cookies.
- On 1/2 of the cookie place the marshmallows into the front of the semi-circle to create the vampire's teeth. Place the other half of the cookie onto the top of the marshmallows gently pressing down so the top will stick. Repeat this with all the cookies
- Add two slivered almonds to the front of the cookie leaving a small space in between to create the vampire fangs. Repeat this on all the vampire mouths.
6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program