If you are looking for a fun Halloween cookie then you are going to love these Vampire Cookies! These vampire cookies are made with homemade chocolate chip cookies, marshmallows, frosting and almonds. Vampire cookies are for sure going to put some creepy in your Halloween fun!
This halloween cookie recipe is so much fun to make! When you are all said and done you have some creepy vampire mouths! They are totally perfect for Halloween!
My kids love these cookies and had a ton of fun helping me make them! I was aiming for scary but one of my kids said they are cute vampire cookies, whatever works kid! As long as they are a tasty and fun Halloween treat and you guys like them then I am happy!
Easy Halloween Cookie
It is really easy make these Vampire Cookies. Start with a batch of homemade soft chocolate chip cookies. You want to make them so they are a bit bigger then you normally would make them, so that you can break them in half to make the mouth.
Then a bunch of marshmallows will give these vampire cookies their normal teeth, then you will use almond slivers to give them that creepy vampire look!
You can make these Vampire cookies with store bought chocolate chip cookies if you are running short on time, however I personally prefer to use homemade soft chocolate chip cookies. There is nothing that beats a homemade chocolate chip cookie! If you are using store bought cookies, make sure you are using a soft chocolate chip cookie, the hard ones will crumble when you go to break them to make the mouth shape.
How to Make Vampire Cookies
- Cut your cookies in half so each cookie turns into two semi-circles.
- Add some red food coloring to the buttercream until you create a bright red color. Place the buttercream into a piping bag with a round piping tip.
- Pipe the red buttercream onto each half at the cookie in a thin layer.
- On 1/2 of the cookie place the marshmallows into the front of the semi-circle to create the vampire's teeth. Place the other half of the cookie onto the top of the marshmallows gently pressing down so the top will stick. Repeat this with all the cookies
- Add two slivered almonds to the front of the cookie leaving a small space in between to create the vampire fangs. Repeat this on all the vampire mouths.
Be sure to check out the fun Halloween crafts! There are so many great ones that are perfect for the kids!
More Halloween Recipes to check out:
- 11 Halloween Recipes that kids will love
- Mummy Nutter Butter Cookies
- Jack O Lantern Quesadillas
- Monster Eye Cake Pops
- How to Make pumpkin Oreos
- Mummy Cookies
Looking for more Fall recipes? Be sure to check out these 90 amazing Pumpkin Recipes that are perfect for fall!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here