If you are a big fan of the Big Hero 6 Movie then you are going to be super excited about these super easy to make Baymax cupcakes. This easy Big Hero 6 cupcake is made with homemade cupcakes, frosting then then decorated to look like Baymax!
Big Hero Six Baymax Cupcakes
My kids are loving the Big Hero 6 tv show! These Big Hero Six Baymax cupcakes are perfect for anyone who loves the movie and is excited about the new Big Hero 6 show. If you are having a Baymax themed party these are the perfect easy Disney character cupcakes to make.
These Baymax cupcakes were are huge hit with my daughter and her friends when I made them. If your kids love Baymax then they are going to love these easy Disney character cupcakes.
Looking for more Disney cupcakes? Check these out!
What type of cupcakes should I use for Baymax Cupcakes?
For these adorable Disney cupcakes, you have a few options. You could buy premade cupcakes, without the frosting, or you can use my hack to make a box mix taste like a bakery cake or you can make homemade cupcakes.
- Strawberry cupcakes
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Peanut butter cupcakes
- Angel Food Cupcakes
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Mocha Cupcakes
- Blueberry cupcakes
- Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
- Lemon blueberry cupcakes
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
Best Frosting to Use for these cupcakes
When making these cupcakes you want to use a white frosting to match Baymax. These Disney cupcakes are best with homemade white buttercream, so I recommend this amazing homemade buttercream frosting, marshmallow buttercream, almond buttercream, cream cheese frosting or vanilla whipped frosting.
Tips for Baking Cupcakes
Follow the recipe. Each cupcake recipe is different. It is important to follow the recipe as directed. all of our cupcake recipes have been tested multiple times to make sure they are perfect.
Bring ingredients to room temperature. Cupcakes will bake best when the ingredients are brought to room temperature before mixing the cupcake batter.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely. Before frosting the cupcakes let them cool completely. If you frost cupcakes while they are still warm then the frosting will melt.
Do not over mix. Over mixing the batter will lead to having tough and flat cupcakes. When making cupcakes you have to be careful that you don’t over mix the batter when you are folding in the flour mixture. If you over-mix your cupcake cake batter your cupcakes will turn out flat. You want to mix everything just until mixed, over mixing will cause you to have rough and tough cupcakes. We all know that the best cupcake are light and fluffy.
Fill the cupcake liners appropriately. You do not want to over fill the cupcake liners. Follow the directions for the specific cupcake recipe, if the recipe doesn’t tell you how full stick to the 2/3 full rule. Which is roughly 3 tablespoons of cupcake batter per cupcake liner.
Use the best kitchen tool for filling liners. If you are working with a thick cupcake batter then you want to use a spoon or a cookie scoop to fill the cupcake liners. If it is a thin cupcake batter then use a bowl with a spout or a glass measuring cup to pour in the batter.
Use quality cupcake liners. While you might not think it matters a cupcake liner but having a quality cupcake liner will make it so your cupcakes don’t stick to the wrapper and peel off nicely so you can see the perfect cupcake in it.
Bake one tray at a time. Using the center of the oven rack and bake one tray of cupcakes at a time. This will give you the best cupcake results.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. If you frost cupcakes while they are still warm then the frosting will melt.
How to tell when cupcakes are done baking
I like to use the toothpick test when I am making cupcakes with the kids because it is easier for them to see and learn. But if you have been making cupcakes for a while you may not want to use that method.
If you are wanting an even easier method, the cupcake bounce done method as we call it is even easier. Pull the tray of cupcakes out from the oven and lightly press on a cupcake in the middle of the baking pan. If if bounces right back and no finger print is left behind then your cupcakes are done. If there is a finger print you need to bake them for a few more minutes.
How to Store Cupcakes
It is best to store cupcakes in an airtight container on the counter. Cupcakes are best to be enjoyed with in 48 hours of making them. They won’t be bad to eat after 40 hours but they will start to dry out and not be as fresh.
After frosting cupcakes you are ok to store them on the counter for a day or 2 but after that they should be stored in the fridge.
If you are storing them unfrosted you can store them in an airtight container or a plastic bag. If you are storing them with frosting on top I suggest using a cupcake storage container.
Supplies needed for Big Hero 6 Cupcakes
Big Hero 6 Cupcakes Ingredients
How to make Big Hero 6 Cupcakes
Bake your cupcakes and let them cool. While the cupcakes are cooling make a batch of buttercream frosting.
Place your large piping tip into your pastry bag and then fill the bag with your buttercream frosting.
Swirl the buttercream in a single layer starting in the middle of the cupcake working your way out to the edge and repeat onto each cupcake.
Mix 1 cup of buttercream with a few drops of black food coloring until you get a nice black buttercream. Place the small tip into a clean pastry bag and the black buttercream.
Pipe out one small circle then a line and end with another small circle at the end of the line, repeat this on each cupcake.
Looking for more Disney treats? Check these out!
- Chocolate dipped Minnie Mouse Rice Krispie treats
- Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies
- Disney Dole Whip
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Mickey Mouse Cheese Platter
- Heart of Te Fiti Cookies
- Jack Skellington Cookies
Big Hero 6 Cupcakes
- Pastry bag
- large straight tip
- Small straight tip
- Glass mixing bowl
Vanilla Cupcake Recipe Ingredients
How to Make Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pans with your choose of cupcake wrappers.
- Place your self-rising flour, cake flour, and sugar in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together for a minute or two until they are well combined.
- Cut your butter into tablespoon pieces. Slowly add your butter into the flour mixture one piece at a time continue mixing until you have reached the texture of sand.
- Pour half of your milk into the flour mixture and mix just until the milk is incorporated. Use your rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of your bowl. Add your remaining milk and the vanilla to your batter and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in one egg at a time to the cake batter, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes then rotate the cake pans so the pan that was on the top rack is now on the bottom and the pan that was on the bottom is now on the top rack. Continue to bake for another 10-13 minute until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake.
How to Make Vanilla buttercream Frosting
- Place your butter and shortening together in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together on medium speed until they are nice and creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to the lowest setting and slowly incorporate the powdered sugar into the shortening mixture.
- Once you have added all the powdered sugar in to your mixture, add in the vanilla extract and then the hot water.
- Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
How to make Big Hero 6 Cupcakes
- Bake your cupcakes and let them cool. While the cupcakes are cooling make a batch of buttercream frosting.
- Place your large piping tip into your pastry bag and then fill the bag with your buttercream frosting.
- Swirl the buttercream in a single layer starting in the middle of the cupcake working your way out to the edge and repeat onto each cupcake.
- Mix 1 cup of buttercream with a few drops of black food coloring until you get a nice black buttercream. Place the small tip into a clean pastry bag and the black buttercream.
- Pipe out one small circle then a line and end with another small circle at the end of the line, repeat this on each cupcake.
Approximately 8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving on the Freestyle Program