For my daughter’s first birthday we decided to go with a Minnie Mouse theme. I knew rice Krispie treats would be an easy treat to make for the dessert table so I made this Minnie Mouse Rice Krispie treats.
I wanted to make them look extra special so I figured some pink chocolate would do the trick. Make sure you check out this post on how to melt dipping chocolate. I found the Mickey cookie cutter here. I was able to find the pearl sprinkles through Wilton here.
Chocolate Covered Minnie Mouse Rice Krispie Treats
Chocolate Covered Minnie Mouse Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pack (10 oz) Marshmallows
- 6 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- Baking spray
- 1 bag pink dipping chocolate
- white pearl sprinkles
Chocolate Covered Minnie Mouse Rice Krispie Treats Directions
- Get a large pot and heat your stove on low heat. Melt the butter. Once the butter is melted add in the marshmallows and stir until they are melted. Once melted remove from heat.
- Gently stir in your rice Krispies until they are well combined.
- Spray the cookie sheet with the cooking spray and press the rice krispie mixture into the cookie sheet. Allow the rice Krispies to cool.
- Using the Mickey Mouse Head cookie cutter begin cutting out Minnie and then place the rice krispie Minnies on a clean cookie sheet.
- Melt your chocolate in a double boiler.
- Dip the ears of the Minnies into the chocolate and sprinkle the wet chocolate with the pearls. Set them on a piece of parchment paper to dry.
- Place the Minnie treats onto a platter and enjoy!