Instant Pot Parmesan Tomato Soup. Get dinner on the table quickly with this homemade Parmesan Tomato soup made in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Parmesan Tomato Soup
If you are looking for an easy to make tomato soup recipe this is it! Parmesan tomato soup is creamy
Instant Pot Parmesan Tomato Soup Ingredients
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 cups whole milk, warmed
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make Instant Pot Parmesan Tomato Soup
Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, chicken broth, onions, oregano, basil, and bay leaf to the pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to depressurize.
Once the cooking is done, add butter and flour in a skillet over low heat until the butter is melted and the flour and butter are combined. Add in one cup of the cooked soup mixture from the InstantPot.
Add another 3 cups of the soup broth and stir until smooth. Then add all of the soup back to the InstantPot and remove the bay leaf.
Blend the soup with your blender or Immersion blender until smooth.
Stir in your cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top.
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, chicken broth, onions, oregano, basil, and bay leaf to the pressure cooker. Cook on high for 15 minutes.
- While the soup cooks place your butter and flour in a skillet over low heat. Constantly stir with a whisk for 5-7 minutes. Slowly stir in 1 cup hot soup. Add another 3 cups and stir until smooth. Add all back to the slow cooker. Remove the bay leaf.
- Blend the soup with your blender or Immersion blender until smooth.
- Stir in your cheese, milk, salt, and pepper.
Makes 8 servings (approximately 1 cup per serving)
4 SmartPoints on Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan
This recipe for Parmesan Tomato Soup is a delicious choice for cold winter evenings. Using your pressure cooker will make it a fast meal, and so much easier to manage than cooking on the stove top!