If you have not seen the new Star Wars movie just you wait because you are sure to fall in love with this cute new droid named BB-8. He knew he had a mission to do and he wouldn’t stop until that mission was complete. Check out here to learn how to Make Boxed Cake Mix taste like Bakery cake and how to make Buttercream Icing as delicious as a Bakeries. You will be able to find fondant and gel food coloring at any of your local crafts stores or here and here. This cupcake will take some time to make they are not the simplest cupcake but they are worth it in the end.
Make sure you check out the 11 SUPER Cool Star Wars Recipes for Star Wars Fans! for Star Wars fans, for even more tasty and super cool Star Wars Recipes including Chewbacca Caramel Hot Chocolate and more!
BB-8 Cupcakes Ingredients
- 24 Cupcakes
- Buttercream frosting
- Orange and Black Gel Food Coloring
- Powdered Sugar
BB-8 Cupcakes Supplies
- Offset Spatula
- 2 1/2 circle cutter
- 1/3 inch circle cutter
- 1/4 inch circle cutter
BB-8 Cupcakes Directions
- Color your frosting black and place a flat layer of frosting on your cupcakes making sure you smooth out the sides and top.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar onto your surface and roll out your white fondant. Cut out 48 22 1/2 inch circles. On 24 of the circles cut the bottom 2/3 off of each. Set them aside.
- Dye some of your fondant orange. Sprinkle some powdered sugar onto your surface and roll out your orange fondant. Cut out 48 1/3 inch circles with 1/4 inch circle in the middle cut out. Cut out 1/8 inch strips of fondant, cut that into 1/8 pieces. Add four pieces to the center of each circle.
- Dip your finger in water and moisten the top of the white circle. Place two orange circles on each of the whole white circle with on circle half off. Trim the extra piece of circle off.
- Roll out some orange fondant and cut out strips just 1/16 inch thick. Dip your finger in water and moisten the top of the half circles, add the orange fondant line. Cut off any excess fondant.
- Dye some of your fondant grey. Roll out some gray fondant and cut out strips just 1/16 inch thick. Dip your finger in water and moisten the top of the half circles, add a strip above the orange fondant line and one on the bottom of the circle. Add a strip connecting the two orange circles and one off the top an bottom of the half orange circle. Fill in some spots in the orange circles with some random grey spots. Cut off any excess fondant.
- Dye some of your fondant black. Roll out one pin size black circle and one circle about 1/4 inch. Place the larger circle in the middle of the half circle and the smaller circle to the bottom left.
- Place the circles on the cupcake with the half circle as bb-8’s head.
- Repeat with the rest of the cupcakes.