These Easy Mickey Mouse Cupcakes are perfect for any Disney fan! Made with homemade cupcakes and homemade buttercream frosting these cupcakes are perfect for a Disney party!
Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
I love all things Disney and these Mickey Mouse cupcakes are the perfect Mickey Mouse cupcake! If you are having a Disney party or are just a big Disney fan like we are then you are going to love these Mickey Mouse cupcakes!
I originally made these cupcakes a few years ago for a Disney party we were having, and they were a big hit. I went all out making all sorts of fun Mickey Mouse treats and all of our guests (kids and adults) loved everything. The party turned out amazing and so did these easy Mickey cupcakes, so I knew I had to share with you all how to make them. If you can make a cupcake then you can make these easy Disney Cupcakes!
Mickey Mouse Party Recipes
- Mickey Mouse Trail Mix
- Mickey Watermelon
- Minnie Mouse Rice Krispies
- Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies
- Mickey Mouse Cheese and Crackers Platter
Tips for Making this recipe
Do not over mix. Over mixing the batter will lead to having tough cupcakes. Just mix the ingredients until they are mixed together.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. If you frost cupcakes while they are still warm then the frosting will melt.
Allow Fondant to sit out. Allowing the fondant to sit out and harden a bit makes it easier to put on the cupcakes.
Properly fill the piping bag with frosting. If you have never filled a pastry bag with frosting check out how to fill a pastry bag with frosting.
Pip frosting with a cupcake frosting swirl. If you have never made a cupcake frosting swirl, it is super easy to do. Check out how to make a frosting swirls on a cupcake to learn how.
How to Store Cupcakes
It is best to store cupcakes in an airtight container on the counter. Cupcakes are best to be enjoyed with in 48 hours of making them. They won’t be bad to eat after 40 hours but they will start to dry out and not be as fresh.
Can Cupcakes be frozen?
Yes they can. You will want to freeze them without any frosting on them. Wrap them individually with plastic wrap and freeze on a baking sheet. Then once they are solid store in a zip close freezer bag. They will keep for up to 2 months when frozen.
To thaw, simply remove them from the freezer and defrost. Then frost as normal.
Mickey Mouse Cupcakes Supplies
- Piping bag
- Large star tip
- 1/3 inch circle cutter
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
Mickey Mouse Cupcakes Ingredients
Cupcakes. I used vanilla cupcakes for these Mickey Mouse cupcakes but you can use any cupcake flavor you want to. If you are looking for other cupcake flavors, be sure to check out some of the other tasty cupcake recipe we have.
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Mocha Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter cupcakes
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Angel Food Cupcakes
Fondant. You can use homemade fondant or store bought Fondant.
Food Coloring. You will need Red, Yellow and Black Gel Food Coloring and i suggest using a gel food coloring instead of a liquid food coloring.
Powdered Sugar. You do not need a lot of powdered sugar, just a small amount to roll out the fondant.
How to Make Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
Make the cupcakes and allow them to cool completely.
While the cupcakes are cooling make the frosting.
After making the frosting dye the fondant and make the ears and Mickey’s shoes.
Frost the cupcakes using a piping bag.
Place the Mickey Ears at the top of the cupcake.
Then place Mickey’s shoes at the bottom of the cupcake.
Break of 48 pieces of the yellow fondant about 1/3 inch round pieces. Roll them out so they are and oval shape than flat them out slightly to look like shoes.
Stick two ears into the top of the frosting making sure to leave a small gap in between the ears, Repeat with each cupcake.
Press two of the yellow shoes into the front of the frosting, making sure to leave a small gap in between the shoes. Repeat with each cupcake.
Disney Cupcake Recipes
- Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
- Frozen Cupcakes
- Goofy Cupcakes
- Daisy Duck Cupcakes
- Baymax cupcakes
- BB-8 Cupcakes
Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
Cupcake Decorating Ingredients
Vanilla Cupcakes Ingredients
How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pans with your choose of cupcake wrappers.
- Place your self-rising flour, cake flour, and sugar in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together for a minute or two until they are well combined.
- Cut your butter into tablespoon pieces. Slowly add your butter into the flour mixture one piece at a time continue mixing until you have reached the texture of sand.
- Pour half of your milk into the flour mixture and mix just until the milk is incorporated. Use your rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of your bowl. Add your remaining milk and the vanilla to your batter and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in one egg at a time to the cake batter, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes then rotate the cake pans so the pan that was on the top rack is now on the bottom and the pan that was on the bottom is now on the top rack. Continue to bake for another 10-13 minute until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack until they have reached room temperature.
How to Make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the butter and shortening. Mix on medium speed until they are creamed together.
- Turn the mixer speed down to the lowest setting and slowly add thee powdered sugar.
- Once all the powdered sugar is in add the vanilla extract and the hot water.
- Turn mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes.
How to Make Micky Mouse Cupcakes
- Color your buttercream frost bright red.
- Place your star into your pastry bag and fill it up with your red frosting. Pipe a swirl of frosting onto each of your cupcakes.
- Dye half of the fondant black and half of it yellow by adding 10 drops of food coloring and rolling the fondant until it is all died.
- Spread out a small amount of powder sugar onto your work surface. Roll your black fondant out to 1/8 of an inch thick. Using your 1/3 inch circle cutter, cut out 48 circles in the fondant. Place the circles onto a plate lined with parchment paper. Set those aside until they are hard. (These are Mickey's Ears)
- Break of 48 pieces of the yellow fondant about 1/3 inch round pieces. Roll them out so they are and oval shape than flat them out slightly to look like shoes.
- Stick two ears into the top of the frosting making sure to leave a small gap in between the ears, Repeat with each cupcake.
- Press two of the yellow shoes into the front of the frosting, making sure to leave a small gap in between the shoes. Repeat with each cupcake.