Pumpkin Coffee Cake is the perfect fall coffee cake! No there is no coffee in it but it pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee! This pumpkin bundt cake has a layer of pumpkin coffee cake, a layer of Streusel then another layer of pumpkin cake and topped off with the perfect cinnamon pecan crumb topping.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
I am a total pumpkin addict, like 100% addict. I stock up on the Pumpkin Spice K-cups before they run out so I can have them all year long. I make all the things pumpkin before it is the “cool thing to do” and drive my friends crazy. But I just can not help it. Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice is my all time favorite flavor!
This Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe is my favorite fall recipe to make, so please accept my advanced apology for the possible over board of pictures in this post. I couldn’t narrow it down, so I am including like all of them.
In the mornings I sit down and enjoy a morning cup of coffee, depending on my mood it will be a pumpkin spice latte, a simple pumpkin spice coffee, Salted Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte or just a normal cup of coffee with a splash of homemade pumpkin spice creamer.
As much as I love my coffee in the mornings I seem to want to step things up some more and add more pumpkin. That is where this amazing homemade pumpkin spice coffee cake comes into play. Of course I love making my Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins, Pumpkin Muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie french toast and Pumpkin Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, but this pumpkin breakfast cake is my favorite to enjoy with my morning coffee.
Easy Pumpkin Recipes
- Maple Streusel Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Trifle Recipe
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
- Pumpkin Apple Bread
Tips for Making this recipe
Use a Bundt Pan. You could use a 9-by-13-inch cake pan if you wanted to, but I like to make simple things fancy and I love using my bundt pan.
Use Pumpkin Puree not pumpkin pie filling. You can use homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree when you are making this recipe, just make sure it is not canned pumpkin pie filling.
Allow to cool. As tempting as it is to slice right into the pumpkin coffee cake as soon as you pull it out of the oven, give it a few minutes to cool.
Use Homemade pumpkin pie spice. Homemade pumpkin Pie spice is so much better then the store bought stuff, and it doesn’t have any of the fillers that are put into the store bought.
Do not over mix. Mix the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients in separate bowl and then combine and stir just until they are mixed.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Ingredients
- Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Homemade cinnamon pecan crumb topping
- Pecan Pumpkin Spice Streusel
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
In a bowl make your Homemade cinnamon pecan crumb topping and Refrigerate while you make the pumpkin coffee cake and Pumpkin Spice Streusel.
In another bowl make the Pecan Pumpkin Spice Streusel and set aside.
Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Then combine without over mixing.
Pour half of the batter into the bundt cake pan.
Sprinkle with the Pecan Pumpkin Spice Streusel.
Then pour in the rest of the pumpkin coffee cake batter.
Spread the Homemade cinnamon pecan crumb topping all over the top evenly.
Bake in the oven and then allow to cool.
Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- Soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Brownie Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie treat
- Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Cookies
Homemade cinnamon pecan crumb topping
Pecan Pumpkin Spice Streusel
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 15 oz. Pumpkin Can puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs room temperature
How to Make Pumpkin Coffee Cake topping
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Add the butter and combine it with fingertips until the mixture is crumbly.
- Refrigerate while making the batter and pumpkin spice streusel.
How to Make Pumpkin Coffee Cake Center streusel
- In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, pumpkin spice, and pecans.
How to Make Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour or spray with non stick cooking spray a 9-inch bunt pan or 9-by-13-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, applesauce, pumpkin, vanilla, and both sugars until well mixed.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined, do not over mix.
- Remove the Pumpkin Coffee Cake topping from the fridge.
- Pour half of the pumpkin cake batter into the bundt cake pan or cake pan.
- Sprinkle with the Pecan Pumpkin Spice Streusel.
- Then pour in the rest of the pumpkin coffee cake batter.
- Spread the Homemade cinnamon pecan crumb topping all over the top evenly.
- Bake cake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 55 to 100 minutes.
- Allow cooling in pan on a wire rack at least 20 minutes.