What is not to love about Goofy? His personality is just so big and fun loving. He is able to pull of wearing this huge green hat. So when I was making the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cupcake for the #DisneyKids Preschool Playdates I knew I had to spotlight his hat when making these Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes. They turned out to be my favorite ones!
You can use any cupcake recipe as a base for these Goofy Cupcakes, including chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes or strawberry cupcakes or if you have box cake mix you can make box cake mix taste like a bakery cake with a few simple steps.
My favorite frosting to use is this best Vanilla Buttercream frosting, however you can check out this awesome list of 19 cupcake frosting recipes for even more flavors to pick from! But you are going to be dying the frosting orange so you will want whichever frosting you are using to be a white frosting.
The cupcake swirl is super easy to make, when you follow this tutorial on how to make a frosting swirl.
If you are new to decorating cupcakes then you may want to invest in a cake decorating set – it comes with frosting bags and the different tips that you need when you are decorating cupcakes.
Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes
Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes Ingredients
Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes Supplies
- Piping bag
- Large star tip
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes Direction
- Bake your cupcakes and let them cool. While they are cooling make your buttercream frosting.
- Color your buttercream frost orange.
- Place your star into your pastry bag and fill it up with your orange frosting. Pipe a swirl of frosting onto each of your cupcakes.
- Dye some of your fondant green and some of it black.
- Spread out a small amount of powder sugar onto your work surface. Break off about a one inch ball of the green fondant. Roll it in your hang into an oval. Place it down on your work surface and press your side of your finger into the top until you leave an indation. Place the circles onto a plate lined with parchment paper. Set those aside.
- Roll your black fondant into a long thin snake. Lightly wet the bottoms of the the green hats. Wrap the black fondant around the bottoms of each hat and break off the extra fondant.
- Stick the hat into the top of the frosting making, Repeat with each cupcake.
Looking for more awesome cupcakes? Check out these!
- Boston Cream Cupcakes
- Girl scout Samoas Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Dirt Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes
Looking for more Disney cupcakes? Check these out!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.