Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes. Made with homemade cupcakes and homemade buttercream frosting these cupcakes are perfect for a Disney party!
Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes
What is not to love about Goofy? His personality is just so big and fun loving. He is able to pull of wearing this huge green hat. That big green hat is perfect for making a Goofy Cupcake!
I originally made these cupcakes a few years ago for a Disney party we were having, and they were a big hit. I went all out making all sorts of fun Mickey Mouse treats and all of our guests (kids and adults) loved everything. When I was making the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cupcake for our Disney Party, I knew I had to spotlight his hat when making these Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes. They turned out to be my favorite ones!
The party turned out amazing and so did these easy Goofy cupcakes! If you can make a cupcake then you can make these easy Disney Cupcakes!
Disney Cupcake Recipes
Tips for Making this recipe
Do not over mix. Over mixing the batter will lead to having tough cupcakes. Just mix the ingredients until they are mixed together.
Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting. If you frost cupcakes while they are still warm then the frosting will melt.
Allow Fondant to sit out. Allowing the fondant to sit out and harden a bit makes it easier to put on the cupcakes.
Properly fill the piping bag with frosting. If you have never filled a pastry bag with frosting check out how to fill a pastry bag with frosting.
Pip frosting with a cupcake frosting swirl. If you have never made a cupcake frosting swirl, it is super easy to do. Check out how to make a frosting swirls on a cupcake to learn how.
Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes Ingredients
Cupcakes. You can use any cupcake recipe as a base for these Goofy Cupcakes, including chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes or strawberry cupcakes or if you have box cake mix you can make box cake mix taste like a bakery cake with a few simple steps.
Frosting. I tend to make vanilla buttercream frosting when I am going to be coloring the frosting, but you could also use marshmallow buttercream frosting or almond buttercream frosting. You are going to be dying the frosting orange so you will want whichever frosting you are using to be a white frosting.
Fondant. You can use homemade fondant or store bought Fondant.
Food Coloring. You will need Orange, Green and Black Gel Food Coloring and i suggest using a gel food coloring instead of a liquid food coloring.
Powdered Sugar. You do not need a lot of powdered sugar, just a small amount to roll out the fondant.
Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes Supplies
- Piping bag
- Large star tip
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
How to Make Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes
Bake your cupcakes and let them cool. While they are cooling make your buttercream frosting.
Color your buttercream frosting orange with the food coloring.
Place your star into your pastry bag and fill it up with your orange frosting. Pipe a swirl of frosting onto each of your cupcakes.
Dye some of 3/4 of the fondant green and 1/4 of it of it black.
Spread out a small amount of powder sugar onto your work surface. Break off about a one inch ball of the green fondant. Roll it in your hang into an oval. Place it down on your work surface and press your side of your finger into the top until you leave an indentation. Place the circles onto a plate lined with parchment paper. Set those aside.
Roll your black fondant into a long thin snake. Lightly wet the bottoms of the the green hats. Wrap the black fondant around the bottoms of each hat and break off the extra fondant.
Stick the hat into the top of the frosting making, Repeat with each cupcake.
Easy Cupcake Recipes
- Boston Cream Cupcakes
- Girl scout Samoas Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Dirt Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes
Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes Ingredients
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your cupcake pans with your choose of cupcake wrappers.
- Place your self-rising flour, cake flour, and sugar in the bowl of your mixer. Mix them together for a minute or two until they are well combined.
- Cut your butter into tablespoon pieces. Slowly add your butter into the flour mixture one piece at a time continue mixing until you have reached the texture of sand.
- Pour half of your milk into the flour mixture and mix just until the milk is incorporated. Use your rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of your bowl. Add your remaining milk and the vanilla to your batter and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in one egg at a time to the cake batter, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared cupcake pan, filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes then rotate the cake pans so the pan that was on the top rack is now on the bottom and the pan that was on the bottom is now on the top rack. Continue to bake for another 10-13 minute until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack until they have reached room temperature.
How to Make Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the butter and shortening. Mix on medium speed until they are creamed together.
- Turn the mixer speed down to the lowest setting and slowly add thee powdered sugar.
- Once all the powdered sugar is in add the vanilla extract and the hot water.
- Turn mixer up to medium-high speed and continue mixing for 10 minutes.
How to Make Goofy’s Hat Cupcakes
- Bake your cupcakes and let them cool. While they are cooling make your buttercream frosting.
- Color your buttercream frosting orange with the food coloring.
- Place your star into your pastry bag and fill it up with your orange frosting. Pipe a swirl of frosting onto each of your cupcakes.
- Dye some of 3/4 of the fondant green and 1/4 of it of it black.
- Spread out a small amount of powder sugar onto your work surface. Break off about a one inch ball of the green fondant. Roll it in your hang into an oval. Place it down on your work surface and press your side of your finger into the top until you leave an indentation. Place the circles onto a plate lined with parchment paper. Set those aside.
- Roll your black fondant into a long thin snake. Lightly wet the bottoms of the the green hats. Wrap the black fondant around the bottoms of each hat and break off the extra fondant.
- Stick the hat into the top of the frosting making, Repeat with each cupcake.