Rice Krispies are an easy no bake dessert that everyone loves and to change things up we have made these Rice Krispie Balls Recipe! This easy snowball Rice Krispie treats recipe is the perfect Frozen Party treat!
Rice Krispie Balls Recipe
I don’t care how long Frozen has been out. It is still loved in our house and still a theme that I am making treats for. I am pretty sure I will be making Frozen themed treats for a long time because Frozen never gets old in our house.
I wanted to make a fun treat for the kids, and we all love rice Krispies and my daughter loves Frozen so I thought it was perfect to make these Frozen Themed Rice Krispies. Of course with the winter theme of the movie I wanted to have more than your traditional square and flat rice Krispie so we turned them into Frozen themed Rice Krispie balls. This fun twist on the traditional rice Krispie treat was a hit with the kids and if you have a Frozen fan I am sure they are going to love them too!
Easy Frozen Party Treat Recipes
- Disney Frozen Movie chocolate cover pretzels
- Frozen Movie Cupcakes
- Frozen Muddy Buddies
- Swirls Sugar Cookies Inspired by the Frozen Movie
- Frozen Inspired Sugar Cookie pancakes
Tips for Making Rice Krispie Treats
Prevent Sticking. When you are making these line your baking dish with greased parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper on hand make sure you grease your baking dish well. I use nonstick baking spray to grease my baking dishes and parchment paper.
Do not pack rice krispie treats mixture in to the pan. To achieve soft, and chewy while being crispy marshmallow rice krispie treats you want to be gentle when pressing the mixture into your baking pan.
Use a silicone spatula. I find it best to use a silicone spatula or spoon and spray it generously with nonstick spray. Then I gently spread without pushing down hard, the cereal and marshmallow mixture into my baking dish. This gives the perfect rice krispie treats without them being hard.
Variations of this recipe
Add ins. Chocolate chips and peanut butter chips are great additions, just add them in when you are adding in the cereal.
Change up the decorations. Decorate with the toppings of your choice. I decorated ours to be Frozen movie themed rice Krispies but you can decorate them for whatever holiday you are wanting to make them for.
How to Store Rice Krispie Treats
All the rice krispie balls to set completely and then Store in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze Rice Krispie Treats?
You can freeze rice krispie balls and it is super easy too! Place the baking sheet with made rice krispie balls in to the freezer for 2-3 hours. Once frozen transfer to a zip close bag and place back into the freezer. They will keep for up to 3 months. Before serving allow them to thaw completely.
Snowball Rice Krispie Treat Ingredients
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Salted Butter
- Mini Marshmallows
- Wiltons Snowflake Sprinkles
- White Sanding Sugar
- Blue Sanding Sugar
How to Make Snowball Rice Krispie Treats
In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter and 10 ounces of marshmallows, stirring often.
Stir in the vanilla extract then add in the Rice Krispies. Stir until the mixture is well combined.
Slightly dampen your hands with water so the mix will not stick, take about 1/4 cup of the mixture and form it into a ball.
Place a few of the large snowflake sprinkles on the balls. Place on wax paper while the rice krispies cool.
Repeat until the rice Krispie mixture is gone. Sprinkle the snowball rice Krispies with the sanding sugars.
Easy Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
- Minnie Mouse Rice Krispie Treats
- Frozen snowball Rice Krispie treats
- Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
- M&M Rice Krispies
Frozen Rice Krispie balls
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tablespoons salted Butter
- 10.5 ounces mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Wiltons Snowflake Sprinkles
- 1/4 cup White Sanding Sugar
- 1/4 cup Blue Sanding Sugar
- In a large pot over low heat, melt the butter and 10 ounces of marshmallows, stirring often.
- Stir in the vanilla extract then add in the Rice Krispies. Stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Slightly dampen your hands with water so the mix will not stick, take about 1/4 cup of the mixture and form it into a ball.
- Place a few of the large snowflake sprinkles on the balls. Place on wax paper while the rice krispies cool.
- Repeat until the rice Krispie mixture is gone. Sprinkle the snowball rice Krispies with the sanding sugars.
Comments & Reviews
pinned Disney Frozen Inspired Snowball Rice Krispie Treat