Bring on the Christmas fun with these Christmas Rice Krispie treats shaped like Christmas trees! These Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect kid friend Christmas treat! Rice Krispie Christmas Trees are one of our favorite Christmas treats for kids!
Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree, how ever yummy you are! Who ever said a Christmas tree could not taste as nice as it looks has never tried these trees. These Christmas rice krispie treats make a great center piece to you holiday table along with being a tasty dessert.
Everyone loves rice crispy treats and these Christmas rice crispy treats take the well loved favorite treat and turn it into a festive and fun Christmas treat everyone will love. Not only are they super tasty they are also totally adorable and make awesome centerpieces for the Christmas dessert table.
These fun Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats are a Holiday spin on your classic rice krispie treat recipe. If you love rice krispie treats then you are going to love the fun Christmas twist we have put on them!
If you are looking for more Christmas Tree Christmas Desserts check these out!
- Christmas Tree Marshmallow Pops
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies
- Christmas Tree Oreos
- Ice cream cone Christmas trees
Variations of this Recipe
Change up the candy. If you are wanting to change up the decorations that are candy. I like using M&Ms but you can also use Reece’s Pieces, Shaped Sprinkles, candy starts or any other candy that you would want to use that looks like ornaments.
Change up the tree trunks. I like using the small Reece’s Peanut Butter cups as the bases but you can also use chocolate tootsie rolls.
Change up the sizes. You can make them really any size you want to. I like to make mine bigger and it makes about 20 Rice Krispie Christmas trees. You can make them smaller if you want to.
Tips for Making Rice Krispie Treats
Prevent Sticking. When you are making these line your baking dish with greased parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper on hand make sure you grease your baking dish well. I use nonstick baking spray to grease my baking dishes and parchment paper.
Prevent sticky hands. If the rice krispie mixture sticks to your hands just slightly wet them with water.
Do not pack rice krispie treats mixture. To achieve soft, and chewy while being crispy marshmallow rice krispie treats you want to be gentle when pressing the mixture into shape.
Use a silicone spatula. I find it best to use a silicone spatula or spoon and spray it generously with non stick spray when mixing the cereal with the marshmallows.
When you are shaping your Christmas trees you do not have to worry about them all being the same size. I love the look of different size trees. If your hands get a little sticky all you have to do is wet them a little with water and you can keep on shaping your Christmas trees.
Tips for Decorating Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
You can make these Christmas Rice Krispie treats as fancy or as simple as you want to. If you are wanting to make the trees fancy with candy ornaments you can. If want to add frosting to look like garland you can. If you want to leave off all decorations you can do that too.
How to get Candy to Stick to Rice Krispie Christmas Trees
If you are wanting the candy to stay on the rice krispies there are a few different ways that you can do it. There are a 3 different ways that I have found work best to get the Christmas tree decorations to stick on these Christmas Rice Krispie treats. Use whichever way works best for you.
- Use Corn syrup. Put a little dot of corn syrup on the back of the decoration and then stick it on the rice krispie tree.
- Use homemade frosting. Put a small dot of it using a piping bag on the candies you are using to decorate them with. I personally use either chocolate buttercream or vanilla buttercream when I am using frosting.
- Decorate the rice krispie with lines of buttercream to look like garland on the tree and stick the candy pieces on it to hold the decorations in place.
Rice Krispie Christmas Tree Ingredients
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Green Food Coloring
- Corn Syrup
- Miniature Reese’s Cups
- M&M Minis
- Candy Stars
How to Make Rice Krispie Christmas Trees
Melt the butter and the marshmallows in a large pot over low heat.
Once the marshmallows are all melted stir the green food coloring until you get a dark green color.
Stir in the rice krispies.
Take about 1/4 cup of the mix and shape it into a cone shape.
Dot a little bit of the corn syrup on the top of the peanut butter cup and stick it on the bottom of the tree.
Dot the back of the m&m’s with corn syrup and stick them to the tree.
Place a star at the top of the tree.
Holiday Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
Rice Krispie Christmas Trees
- Melt the butter and the marshmallows in a large pot over low heat.
- Once the marshmallows are all melted stir the green food coloring until you get a dark green color.
- Then Stir in the rice krispies. Stir until the marshmallow mixture is coating all of the rice krispies.
- Take about 1/4 cup of the mix and shape it into a cone shape. If it sticks to you hands just slightly wet them.
- Dot a little bit of the corn syrup on the top of the peanut butter cup and stick it on the bottom of the tree.
- Use the M&Ms to decorate the tree. Place a star into the top of each tree.