Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Muffins. Also known as chunky monkey muffins these soft moist banana muffins are loaded with chocolate chips and walnuts to make them extra delicious.
Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Muffins
I have a soft spot in my heart and in my belly for Ben & Jerry’s chunky monkey ice cream. It has the perfect combination of chocolate, banana, and nuts. I wanted that perfect combination of flavors in my morning breakfast bread, so I made it with these Chunky Monkey Muffins.
Every time I buy bananas they go bad so fast. It has become a staple in our house to turn those too soft bananas into something delicious. My go-to for breakfast and using up those bananas that are on the brink of going bad is muffins. The kids always love them, they can be taken on the go and they store well for easy breakfasts often.
You are going to LOVE these Chunky Monkey Muffins not much beats the banana, chocolate chip and walnut combo!
Tips for Making homemade muffins
When making muffins I love using silicone muffin cups because they bake nicely and then we can reuse them. I never have to worry about not having muffin cups when baking 🙂 You can also get the mini muffin silicone cups to use in the mini muffin pans, that are great for the younger kiddos or if you don’t want to have regular muffins.
If you are looking for THE BEST mixing bowls These with the rubber bottoms are my favorite! They don’t slip when I am doing my baking and mixing ? If you do not have a stand mixer then you can use a hand mixer – I however personally love my kitchen aid mixer!
If you are looking for a less mess way to fill your muffin cups this Batter Dispenser with Measurement for Muffins is perfect!!
If you are not a fan of nuts in your muffins than check out one of these banana flavored muffins. You can not go wrong with any of these amazing muffins! I promise!
- Pumpkin Banana Chip Muffins
- Banana Coconut Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin
- Banana Carrot Muffins
- Lunchbox Muffins Recipe
Chunky Monkey Muffins Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Chunky Monkey Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners or coat with nonstick spray.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
In another mixing bowl combine the butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla and mashed bananas together.
Gently stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture, stir just until combined.
Fold the nuts and chocolate chips into the muffin mix.
Fill your muffin tins so they are 3/4 of the way full.
Bake for 24-26 minutes, until a toothpick, comes out clean from the center.
Place on a cooling rack to cool and store in an airtight container.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check these out!
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles
Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners or coat with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl combine the butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla and mashed bananas together.
- Gently stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture, stir just until combined.
- Fold the nuts and chocolate chips into the muffin mix.
- Fill your muffin tins so they are 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes, until a toothpick, comes out clean from the center.
- Place on a cooling rack to cool and store in an airtight container.
12 Weight Watchers SmartPoints