Monster Cookies is the ultimate homemade cookies recipe. Homemade peanut butter cookies with oats, M&Ms and chocolate chips! The whole family is going to love this Monster Cookies Recipe that is bursting with chocolate candies in every bite!
Monster Cookies Recipe
If you have never made monster cookies then you are in for a real treat with this Monster Cookie recipe. Cookies with a glass of milk are like the staple of desserts when it comes to being a kid. These monster cookies are the ultimate cookie to enjoy with a glass of milk.
I am not really sure where the recipe comes from, in fact I don’t even know where I got the original recipe that I use because I found this recipe written down on a piece of paper in a box from when Tom and I first got married. It has been a favorite of ours for years and they end up being gobbled up quickly in our house.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Best chocolate chip cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Chip cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- bakery style chocolate chip cookies
- peppermint chocolate chip cookies
What are Monster Cookies?
Monster cookies, are basically a peanut butter oatmeal cookie that is loaded with chocolate chips and chocolate M&Ms. There is also no flour in this cookie recipe so if you are looking for an amazing no flour cookie recipe you HAVE to try this one!
Variations of this Recipe
For this recipe I used M&Ms and chocolate chips however you can totally change up the candy to what you have on hand.
Chocolate Bars. Candies like Milky way, Kit Kats, Hershey’s Bars, Reese’s cups and really any chocolate bar you can think of can be chopped up and used in place of the chocolate chips and M&Ms in this cookie recipe. Just toss the candy into a food processor and give it a quick pulse to chop them up.
I tend to make these after the kids have gone trick-or-treating because we have such a large variety of candies that we can use to change things up when making these cookies.
Peanut butter. I use creamy peanut butter when making these cookies but you can also use crunchy peanut butter if you want to.
Change up the chocolate chips! Peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips all work well.
Make a Cookie Sandwich!
Now these cookies are amazing on their own, but of course I like to go above and beyond when I am making fun and tasty treats for the kids. These Monster Cookies are perfect for making Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches and homemade cookie sandwiches!
You can use any flavor Ice cream or frosting when you are turning these amazing monster cookies into a fun treat for the kids!
Monster Cookie Sandwich Frosting Filling
- Peanut Butter Buttercream frosting
- Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate buttercream Frosting
- Almond Buttercream Frosting
- Vanilla buttercream
Monster Cookies Ingredients
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- Instant oats
- white sugar
- baking powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate chips
- M&Ms or any other chocolate candy you want to use.
How to Make Monster Cookies
*This Monster cookie recipe will make 22 large cookies or 36 average sized cookies.
Remove the butter from the fridge to warm for about 10 minutes before making the cookies.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl add the granulated white sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Beat well using a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
Add the butter, baking powder, vanilla extract and peanut butter to the bowl. Mix well with the hand mixer or stand mixer.
Once fully mixed add in the oats and the chocolate candies (Chocolate Chips, M&Ms ect).
Gently mix so that the candy is mixed into the batter but be careful not to over mix.
Scoop cookie dough on to a nonstick baking sheet and bake cookies for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.
Easy Cookie Recipes
- Sugar cookies recipe
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Crackle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Monster Cookies Recipe
- Remove the butter from the fridge to warm for about 10 minutes before making the cookies.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the granulated white sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Beat well using a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add the butter, baking powder, vanilla extract and peanut butter to the bowl. Mix well with the hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Once fully mixed add in the oats and the chocolate candies (Chocolate Chips, M&Ms ect).
- Gently mix so that the candy is mixed into the batter but be careful not to over mix.
- Scoop cookie dough on to a nonstick baking sheet and bake cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.