Made with pantry staples, chicken breasts, potatoes and vegetables, this Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken is truly a complete meal in one! With a smoky paprika flavor, this is not your typical crockpot dump and go dinner!
Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken
Raise your hand is you’ve ever been guilty of forgetting you have a slow cooker and letting it collect dust. My hand is raised. Or, I’ll remember the crockpot, get it all set up…and then suddenly it’s 3pm and I’ve never started dinner. Oops.
But, sometimes I discover a new recipe that’s so darn good that it reminds I have a crockpot ready for some use. This Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken is one of those!
Most slow cooker dump-and-go complete meals I’ve found seem to center around pasta or they’re not really a complete meal because they need to be served over rice. Or they’re just bland.
Paprika chicken is none of the above.
This recipe contains not only chicken but potatoes and carrots, making it a true one pan dinner. You can literally scoop this on a plate and call it a complete dinner, no sides needed.
And with a smoky flavor reminiscent of sitting over a fire, the last thing you would call this recipe is bland! What I really love is how it manages to be full of flavor, without being spicy! That meant that everyone in the family LOVED it – kids included!
I loved it not just for the flavor but because the slow cooker did all of the work for me!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- You can make this recipe with chicken legs or thighs if you don’t have chicken breasts.
- To make a creamier sauce, remove the chicken and veggies at the end, then add a 1/4 cup sour cream to the juice. Whisk well. The sour cream will thicken it up just tad and give you a creamy gravy texture.
- Want the chicken but no veggies? Just omit the carrots and potatoes!
How to Serve Paprika Chicken
This easy slow cooker paprika chicken is a delicious and healthy meal! You can easily serve this with a side of your favorite vegetables for a healthy meal the whole family will eat and enjoy! If you are looking for a tasty salad dressing this honey poppy seed dressing is AMAZING!!
With the vegetables cooked right alongside with the chicken, this can be a complete meal on its own! The potatoes work as the carb and the carrots and onions as a veggie.
You can also serve this over rice, egg noodles, or even potatoes, especially if you just make the chicken without the potatoes and carrots. I like to keep frozen rice in the freezer for quick and easy dinners. But this paprika chicken recipe pairs well with plain rice, oven baked rice, or garlic rice.
If you are wanting more sides a salad and some fresh bread is also great! Check out some of our favorites:
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Avocado BLT Salad
- Homemade white bread
- Caesar Salad
- BLT Salad
- Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- Buttermilk Biscuits
How to Store & Reheat
Leftovers will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just transfer them to an airtight container once they’ve cooled. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
Since this is a complete meal in one, it makes a great lunch the second and third day! No need to pack 3 separate containers when you can have it all in one!
Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken Bouillon Cube
- Onion Sliced
- Boneless Skinless Chicken cubed
- Russet Potatoes Peeled & Chopped into small pieces
- Carrots Chopped
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Lemon juiced
How to Make Paprika Chicken
Place the bouillon cube and water in your slow cooker and stir until well combined.
Add Onion, chicken, potatoes, carrots, Worcestershire Sauce, honey, lemon, pepper, salt, and paprika to the slow cooker and mix well.
Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Once done give it a quick stir to combine everything and serve as desired.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- Garlic Ginger Chicken
- Parmesan Garlic Chicken Bake
- Asian Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken
- Barbeque Pulled Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken
- Place the bouillon cube and water in your slow cooker and stir until well combined.
- Add Onion, chicken, potatoes, carrots, Worcestershire Sauce, honey, lemon, pepper, salt, and paprika to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
Weight Watchers Information:
Makes 6 servings
5 FreeStyle SmartPoints per serving
On Weight Watchers? Check out this list of amazing Weight Watchers Recipes!
More Slow Cooker Recipes you will love
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- Crock Pot Corned Beef And Cabbage
- Crock Pot Beef Stuffed Peppers Soup
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe