Slowcooker Macaroni and Cheese is a simple mac and cheese recipe that is perfectly cheesy! Slowcooker mac and cheese is one of the best comfort foods cooked right in the slowcooker!
Slowcooker Macaroni and Cheese
My kids are not huge fans of the boxed Macaroni and cheese and much prefer my baked macaroni and cheese but there are some days that there is just not enough time in the day for me to make it but they we still have macaroni and cheese on the menu so Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese comes to my rescue. I can put the Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese in my crockpot during the slower times of my day and have it ready for dinner time!
Easy Mac and Cheese Recipes
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Cauliflower mac and cheese
- Speck Alto Adige Mozzarella Mac & Cheese
- Fried Mac and Cheese
- Cauliflower White Cheddar Mac and cheese
Do I need to boil Pasta before making Crockpot Mac and Cheese?
I have tried many ways to make mac and cheese in the crockpot without boiling the noodles first and I have not been a fan. I do not like the way the texture of the macaroni turns out, so for our crockpot mac and cheese you will cook the noodles for 2 minutes less then what the package directions say before dumping them into your crockpot.
It doesn’t actually add to much extra time to making macaroni and cheese in the slow cooker because while the noodles are cooking you can chop up the cheese.
Variations of this recipe
For this Slowcooker Macaroni and Cheese you can change up the type of cheese that you use. For this recipe I used cheddar cheese and Pepper Jack Cheese but you can change up the Pepper Jack Cheese and use Monterey Jack cheese.
If you prefer to use white cheddar cheese instead of yellow cheddar cheese you can do that as well.
When you are making this crockpot mac and cheese know that crockpot times can vary depending on the brand of crockpot. If you find that the mac and cheese is finished cooking sooner then expected you can turn the crockpot setting down to warm and it will stop the cooking while keeping the macaroni and cheese warm.
Slowcooker Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients
- elbow Macaroni cooked
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
How to Make Slowcooker Macaroni and Cheese
Cook elbow macaroni for 2 minutes less then the package suggests and and drain.
While macaroni is cooking chop the cheese and Velveeta into chunks and place on top of the macaroni.
Spray crockpot with nonstick spray.
Pour macaroni noodles into the crockpot.
Pour your cooked macaroni into the crockpot.
Sprinkle and spread the cheese on top of the macaroni noodles.
Pour the milk over top of it all.
Turn crock pot on to low and cook for about 3 hours.
Around 2.5 hours check to make sure everything is cooking right and not cooking to fast.
Stir all ingredients when cook time is up and serve!
More Macaroni Recipes you will love
- Microwave Macaroni and Cheese
- Elbow Macaroni Salad
- White Cheddar and Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Slowcooker Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces Velveeta
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces elbow Macaroni cooked
- 16 ounces Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese
- Cook elbow macaroni for 2 minutes less then the package suggests and and drain.
- While macaroni is cooking chop the cheese and Velveeta into chunks and place on top of the macaroni.
- Spray crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Pour macaroni noodles into the crockpot.
- Pour your cooked macaroni into the crockpot.
- Sprinkle and spread the cheese on top of the macaroni noodles.
- Pour the milk over top of it all.
- Turn crock pot on to low and cook for about 3 hours.
- Around 2.5 hours check to make sure everything is cooking right and not cooking to fast.
- Stir all ingredients when cook time is up and serve.