Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe is one of the easiest crockpot chicken recipes you can make. All you have to do is throw the ingredients into the slow cooker and let them cook away. Once your slow cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is done, just add a veggie side, and dinner is done! You can also use this shredded chicken to make a tasty chicken sandwich!
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
There are so many recipes, including this honey garlic chicken recipe that can be made in the crockpot that really there isn’t any reason not to love your crockpot. If you love easy dinner recipes then you are going to love this easy honey garlic chicken recipe.
This honey garlic chicken slow cooker recipe gives you a tender chicken with a delicious sauce, the honey garlic sauce is flavorful without being overpowering. It is the perfect slow cooker chicken recipe that you can toss in the crockpot and forget about it until dinner time. Along with being an easy recipe, with simple ingredients and flavorful the clean up is easy too!
I love slow cooker meals because they make my life so much easier. I put everything in the slow cooker and let it cook while I go about my day. Come dinner time the main part of the meal is done and all i have to do is make some sides to go with it. My whole family loves it when I make crockpot honey garlic chicken for dinner and I love that it is a super simple recipe and most of the items are in my pantry at all times.
Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Chicken
- Asian Chicken
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Ranch Chicken Crockpot Recipe
- Cheeseburger Soup
How to Serve Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- As a Main dish. I served this the first time I made it as the main dish with veggies as a side dish.
- As a sandwich. The next day my husband turned the leftovers into a honey garlic chicken sandwich. Now when we make it for dinner we go with either way depending on our moods.
- Over rice. You can also make a chicken and rice bowl by serving the chicken over rice. You can use white rice, brown rice, or jasmine rice.
- Add sesame seeds. After cooking and removing from the slow cooker you can also add some sesame seeds if you want to.
What to Serve with Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
The first night I made this slow cooker honey garlic chicken I served it with lemon roasted asparagus, but I think that it would be amazing with lots of other side dishes well. If you are serving this slow cooker chicken as a meat dish check out some of our favorite sides to go with it.
- green beans with bacon
- smashed potatoes
- parmesan asparagus
- microwave sweet potato.
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Garlic rice
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
If we are making chicken sandwiches then I go with traditional sandwich side dishes including parmesan garlic sweet potato fries, garlic parmesan potato chips, homemade potato chips, and air fryer steak fries.
How to Store leftovers
Allow the chicken to cool completely and then store leftover honey garlic chicken in the fridge in an airtight container.
Can I freeze the cooked chicken?
Yes. If you are wanting to meal plan and make it so you can just pull out a meal, heat it up, and get dinner on the table this one freezes great. Just allow the chicken to cool completely once it is done cooking and then store in zip close freezer bags or freezer-safe container
and store in the freezer.
When you are ready to use it you can thaw it in the fridge over night or in the microwave. To reheat we just put it in a microwave safe bowl and reheat it.
What is the best chicken to use for this recipe?
I like using skinless boneless chicken breasts but you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Ingredients
- grape jelly
- soy sauce
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- onions diced
- fresh garlic minced
- crush red pepper or red pepper flakes
- green onions sliced
How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Combine the jelly and soy sauce in a small bowl. Heat for one minute and stir till the big lumps of jelly are gone.
Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
Add all of the ingredients besides the green onions into the slow cooker.
Cook on high heat for 4 hour or on low heat for 7 hours.
Once done cooking, Take two forks and shred the chicken while still in the crockpot.
Mix the shredded chicken well with the sauce in the slow cooker.
Top with the green onions. Serve with a side of veggies or on a roll.
Easy Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Parmesan Garlic Chicken Bake
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Asian Chicken
- Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Chicken and Potato Casserole
- Spinach Ricotta Chicken
- Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 2 large onions diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crush red pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- Combine the jelly and soy sauce in a small bowl. Heat for one minute and stir till the big lumps of jelly are gone.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
- Add all of the ingredients besides the green onions into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hour or on low heat for 7 hours.
- Once done cooking, Take two forks and shred the chicken while still in the crockpot. Mix the shredded chicken well with the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Top with the green onions. Serve with a side of veggies or on a roll.
On Weight Watchers? Check out this list of amazing Weight Watchers Recipes!
Leave A Reply!