This slow cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup has all the flavor of stuffed peppers in an easy, hearty soup making it the perfect comfort meal. Serve with crusty bread and a salad for an easy meal that is perfect for the colder months. You will love how easy it is to make this stuffed pepper soup in the crock pot.
Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
If you love soup and you love stuffed peppers then this stuffed pepper soup is the perfect meal to add to your meal rotation! Tender ground beef, white rice, bell peppers in a tomato beef based soup that is the ultimate comfort food to make that tastes just like stuffed peppers but in soup form! Crockpot stuffed pepper soup is hearty, flavorful and one of my go tos during the winter months when it is cold and we are busy.
I love stuffed peppers in the traditional way and tasty twists like Lasagna stuffed peppers and tuna melt stuffed peppers. But to be honest I am not always in the mood to make them. They are not hard to make but they are semi-time consuming. This stuffed peppers soup gives me all the flavors I love about stuffed peppers but in any easy to make slow cooker soup.
I love making soup in my crockpot, it is such a time saver and I do not have to worry about watching it while it cooks on the stove. Cooking in the crockpot is one of my go-to ways of cooking to not only save time but money also. I can toss all of the crockpot stuffed pepper soup ingredients in the crockpot and let it cook all day, then come dinner time it is ready to go and I am not tempted to get take out.
This easy stuffed pepper soup recipe is one of my favorite soups to make during soup season because it is so easy and it is so flavorful. My whole family loves this comforting soup and so has anyone I have shared the recipe with. I am sure you will soon be making this soup often when it becomes a family favorite in your house as well.
This easy stuffed pepper soup in the crock pot is a hearty filling soup is one of our favorites. This green pepper soup recipe is for great leftovers or if you are meal prepping!
Crockpot Soup Recipes
- Slowcooker Taco Soup
- Crockpot Cheeseburger soup
- White Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
- Bacon Cauliflower Soup
- Slowcooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Tips and Variations of this Recipe
- Change up the meat. If you are not a fan of ground beef you can also use ground chicken, ground sausage or ground turkey.
- Change up the peppers. I like using green peppers but you can use orange peppers or red bell peppers when you are making this homemade stuffed bell pepper soup recipe.
- I like to use my meat masher to get the beef into smaller pieces, it makes things much easier to get the ground beef cooked and in the best size pieces of meat for the soup.
- If you are using ground chicken then you will want to use chicken broth instead of beef broth.
- Add some spice. If you want to make this healthy stuffed pepper soup spicy, add some red pepper flakes or chili powder.
- For a thinner soup add less rice, if you want a thicker soup add all of the rice.
How long do you cook Stuffed Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker?
This soup will take 4 hours to cook on high and 8 hours when cooked on low.
What to serve with Stuffed Pepper Soup
Whenever we make soup I serve it with a fresh salad and fresh crusty bread. It makes for the perfect easy filling and healthy weeknight meal. If you have time and want to make fresh homemade rolls, garlic cheddar biscuits are one of my kid’s favorites.
How Long Does Stuffed Pepper Soup Last in the Fridge?
Stuffed pepper soup will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days when stored in an air tight container.
Can You Freeze Stuffed Pepper Soup?
Yes! This soup is a great one to make ahead and then freeze. All the soup to cool completely. Once cooled out into air tight containers or into freezer zip close bags and store in the freezer. This soup will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Reheat frozen Stuffed Pepper Soup
You can put the soup in the fridge overnight to defrost and then reheat in microwave safe bowls in the microwave or in a pan on the stove. If you are heating from frozen the best way to do it is put the frozen soup into a pot on the stove.
Slowcooker Stuffed Pepper Soup Ingredients
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 quarts of Water
- 28 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 28 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked Rice
- 2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Beef base
- 2 teaspoon Black Pepper
How to Make Slowcooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef.
Wash and chop the onion and peppers and set them aside.
Spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Once the ground beef is cooked add it to the slow cooker, then add in the chopped veggies.
Next add in the water, garlic, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, rice, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and Beef Base.
Give everything a quick stir and place the lid on.
Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
Easy Soup Recipes
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Baked potato soup
- Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
- Lentil Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- In a large skillet on the stove cook the ground beef.
- Chop the veggies and set aside.
- Spray the slowcooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Once the ground beef is cooked add it to the crock pot, then add in the chopped veggies.
- Next add in the water, garlic, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, rice, brown sugar, salt, pepper and Beef Base.
- Give everything a quick stir and place the lid on.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.