Leprechaun Poop Peppermint Patties is totally gross yet totally a kid favorite St. Patrick’s Day treat! These sweet globs of Lucky Leprechaun Poop taste just like a peppermint patty, but they are oh so kid friendly and gross! The perfect St. Patrick’s Day Dessert!
Leprechaun Poop Peppermint Patties
It is time for another fun holiday to celebrate, St. Patrick’s Day! I am in planning mode for making it even more fun then normal because life has been busy and we need to have some fun. This fun St. Patrick’s Day treat, while we call it Leprechaun Poop is basically a chocolate covered Peppermint Patty. So while they are totally kid themed the adults will love them too because they are super tasty!
I originally posted this recipe back in 2015. It was time for an update and some updated photos that show just how awesome this St. Patrick’s Day treat is.
I am just going to say this now, poop is all the rage with the kids. From Reindeer poop and snowman poop to cupid poop and even unicorn poop. I am not really sure why kids love poop so much but they do! For St. Patrick’s Day it was a must have to have some fun Lucky Leprechaun Poop for the kids to enjoy!
If you are on the fence about if the kids will love this St. Patrick’s Day treat, just make them once and they will be asking you to make them every year!
Looking for more St. Patrick’s Day Food Ideas? Check these out!
- St. Patrick’s Day Marshmallow Pops
- St.Patrick’s Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Lucky Charms Cupcakes
- Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Shamrock Shake
- Andes Mint Cupcakes
- Mint Oreo Cupcakes
These yummy little peppermint patty nuggets have the taste and texture of a Peppermint Patty, colored green for festive fun, and sprinkled with marshmallows (from Lucky Charms). So if you want to delight and disgust your kids at the same time you are going to love this St. Patrick’s Day Dessert for kids!
I have to also tell you how excited I am since I originally made this recipe back in 2015, that you no longer have to dig thru the box of cereal to get the marshmallows. Now you can buy a huge bag of just the lucky charms marshmallows here on Amazon! This makes it so much easier, although my kids still don’t mind helping me make these and picking out the marshmallow pieces from the box.
Lucky Leprechaun Poop Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 ounces green candy melts
- 1/2 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows
How to Make Leprechaun Poop Peppermint Patties
Combine powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract and milk 1 teaspoon at a time until well mixed.
Place the mixture in the center of a large sheet of plastic wrap, roll into wrap and form into a long rope shape, place in refrigerator for an hour and allow to harden. You want to form into a rope shape.
Once the peppermint mixture is solid, remove it from the fridge and take off the plastic wrapping. Then slice into 1 1/2″ lengths.
Melt green candy melts 30 seconds at a time in microwave, stirring each time until smooth and melted.
Roll slices in melted green chocolate until well coated, place on waxed paper.
Then sprinkle with shaped marshmallows before the green candy chocolate hardens.
Looking for St. Patrick’s Day dinner ideas? Check these out!
Lucky Leprechaun Poop
- In a large bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract and milk 1 teaspoon at a time until well mixed. Or if you have a standmixer add everything to the bowl of your mixer and combine powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract and milk.
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Remove the mixture from the bowl and place in the center of a large sheet of plastic wrap, roll into wrap and form into a long rope shape, to form a poop shape. Wrap it up and then place peppermint patty rope in refrigerator for an hour and allow to harden.
- Remove from the fridge, once it is solid and slice into 1 1/2" lengths pieces.
- Melt green candy melts 30 seconds at a time in microwave, stirring each time until smooth and melted.
- Roll peppermint patty slices in melted green chocolate until well coated, place on waxed paper.
- Then sprinkle with shaped marshmallows before the green candy chocolate hardens.
More Recipes you will love!