Are you guys ready for another amazing easy spaghetti squash recipe? Well this time I am taking you south of the boarder for a little Mexican dinner recipe that you are going to LOVE with these Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash bowls. This chicken enchiladas recipe made with spaghetti squash is one of our favorite easy mexican meals.
These chicken enchilada spaghetti squash bowls are a great substitution to the normal high calorie version of chicken enchiladas. If you don’t like spicy things you can leave out the chipotle chili and adobo or just add a small amount when making your Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash.
If you are looking to make this a vegetarian spaghetti squash meal you can switch out the chicken for tofu or black beans for some added protein. You will still have an amazing meal with this easy chicken enchilada recipe!
This easy chicken enchiladas Spaghetti Squash recipe is so full of flavor. The melted cheese mixed with the typical chicken enchilada ingredients makes for a mexican dinner recipe that the whole family will love. This low carb chicken enchilada recipes totally doesn’t taste like it is low carb at all! If you want to get it even lower carbs, skip the corn and beans and still have an amazing meal!
Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash
Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin toasted and ground
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Lay skin side down on a rimmed sheet pan, lined with aluminum foil. Cut your chicken in half so you have for pieces of chicken.
- Place the chicken on the sheet pan, season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 mins or until cooked to a touch with a fork.
- While the chicken and squash is cooking you can put together the sauce.
- In a medium sauce pan saute the onion and garlic in the oil until translucent. Add in the cumin and cook for an extra minute. Place that mixture into a blender with the tomatoes, chili, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Blend the mixture until smooth. Pour it back into the sauce pan and simmer of low heat while the squash finishes cooking.
- When the chicken reaches 160 degrees take it out and with two forks shred the chicken up.
- Scrape the flesh of the squash with a fork to create noodles.
- Combine all the ingredients besides the cheese in a large bowl.
- Return the mixture to the empty shells and top with the cheese.
- Place under the broiler until golden brown.
This is a perfect weight watchers chicken enchiladas recipe to make if you are wanting to keep your points low but have an amazing dinner.
Makes 4 servings
6 SmartPoints on Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan per serving
Looking for more Spaghetti Squash Recipes? Check these out!
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
Don’t miss these awesome Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes. There are lots to pick from that are super tasty!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.
We won’t send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.
Powered by ConvertKit