Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Squash is an amazing tasting, healthier version of traditional Chicken Parmesan! If you love baked chicken parm then you are going to love spaghetti squash chicken parm!
Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
This easy Chicken Parmesan recipe is baked in the oven and is so simple to make! Plus it has amazing flavor! I promise you will not miss your pasta!
Tom’s favorite meal is chicken parm, when I told him I was going to be making spaghetti squash chicken parm I got the weird side eye, and then and eye roll and then “I guess”.
I told him that this easy chicken parmesan recipe would be even better then the best chicken parmesan recipe I have made so far! He didn’t believe me, but I am happy to say that I proved him wrong! He took one bite of this amazing chicken parmesan recipe and told me, ” add it to the list”. That list is our meal planning list where we pick our meals from each week.
Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Chicken and Broccoli Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- Chicken Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
Tips for Making this recipe
When making this Chicken Parm Spaghetti Squash, you can use homemade marinara sauce or a jar of sauce. I like to make large batches of marinara sauce and keep it in the freezer for when I am going to be making something like this baked chicken parmesan recipe so I don’t have to use a jar of sauce because I much prefer homemade sauce.
When making any type of chicken parm it is always better when you use fresh mozzarella cheese. So before getting started making your spaghetti squash chicken parm shred some fresh mozzarella instead of using a bag of shredded mozzarella if you have the time to.
Tips for Cooking Spaghetti Squash
If it is your first time making spaghetti squash be sure to check out everything you need to know about cooking spaghetti squash.
If you cant get your knife into the shell to cut it heating it in the microwave will make it easier. Using your knife make little dashes all the way around the squash where you are planning to cut it open. Then place it in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften the outside. Once it comes out you just cut along that line of dashes.
Lay the spaghetti squash on a baking sheet with foil face side down so it cooks evenly.
How to cut spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti Squash can be very hard to cut because they are a very firm vegetable with a hard outer shell. Buy you can use a few tricks to make cutting spaghetti squash easier. Personally I end up with my knife in the squash and then banging it against the counter to crack it open the rest of the way so I can cut it. This is not always the best idea. LOL!
If you cant get your knife into the shell to cut it heating it in the microwave will make it easier. Using your knife make little dashes all the way around the squash where you are planning to cut it open. Then place it in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften the outside. Once it comes out you just cut along that line of dashes much easier. You are going to want to cut the spaghetti squash length wise so that you end up with two long pieces.
What to serve with Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti Squash chicken parm, just like traditional chicken parm has lots of side dishes that go well with it to complete the meal.
Normally we serve this chicken parmesan recipe with some fresh bread and a salad. If you are looking for other side dish recipes check out a few of our favorites.
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Avocado BLT Salad
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- French onion soup
- Chaffle Garlic Bread
- Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- Buttermilk Biscuits
Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Squash Ingredients
- spaghetti squash
- chicken breasts
- marinara sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
*Note if you are making this low carb skip the flour and breadcrumbs and cook the chicken without it.
Bake spaghetti squash in the oven with salt, pepper and oil.
Cook the chicken on the stove.
Add sauce to spaghetti squash.
Add chicken on top of spaghetti squash, then top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
Bake in the oven to melt cheese.
Easy weeknight dinner recipes
Chicken Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle the cut side of the squash with the oil, salt, and pepper. Place them cut side down on an alumni foil lined sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- While the squash is cooking start cooking the chicken.
- Place the eggs, flour, and breadcrumbs in their own bowls to create your breading station. Whisk the eggs together until they are well combined.
- Dip the chicken into the flour then the egg then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat your oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken in the pan and cook until golden brown on each side. Place the chicken on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove the squash from the oven and gently break up the flesh into noodles with a fork.
- Stir 1/2 cup of sauce into each half of the squash.
- Place the chicken on the top of the squash and spoon on 2 tablespoons of sauce over the chicken.
- Top the squash with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Place them under the broiler until they get golden brown.
7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle Program without the parmesan cheese.
To make your kitchen life easier make sure you grab the How Many Pints in a Quart? and all other liquid measurements printable chart!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.