You probably found this Hamburger Lettuce Wraps recipe while searching for something Keto Friendly, Low Carb or low carb hamburger recipes and wanting a tasty burger. I am a carb lover and one of the hardest things for me is not eating a bun with a burger. I know people eat their burgers with a fork, but I can not do that. I need to hold my burger and take a big ol’ bite of it. However I found a way to make the burger still make me smile, with these hamburger wraps.
Hamburger Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps are used as substitutions for my beloved bread on any low carb or keto diet but finding a good one was a little tricky. I tried Romain and iceberg lettuce but both of them just fell flat in the flavor department. Thankfully one of my friend’s suggestion that I try Boston bib lettuce because it has a great flavor that adds to whatever you’re wrapping inside.
I am not going to tell you that the lettuce takes the place of a good hamburger bun, because well, that will never happen however I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed my burger with the Boston bib lettuce. I didn’t feel like I was missing that bun when it was wrapped in the Boston bib lettuce shockingly.
I still like to dress my hamburgers the same way but to help cut out on the sugar and carbs you can use Heinz reduced sugar ketchup. If you want you can use slices of fresh avocado but love my homemade guacamole for added flavor.
I really recommend using a good grass-fed beef when you are making these hamburgers. I have never like spending those extra couple dollars per pound on hamburger meat but once you start realizing how much better the grass-fed hamburger tastes it’s well worth the extra money.
How to make Hamburger Lettuce Wraps
Hamburger Lettuce Wraps
You probably found this Hamburger Lettuce Wraps recipe while searching for something Keto Friendly, Low Carb or low carb hamburger recipes and wanting a tasty burger.
- Preheat large cast iron pan over medium heat.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl combine your ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper together and stir until well combined. Shape the mixture into three hamburger patties.
- Place your hamburger patties onto your heated cast iron pan and cook to your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the hamburgers from the pan onto a plate and allow them to rest for three minutes.
- Place the hamburgers on to the center of each lettuce leaf. Top the burgers with the guacamole, ketchup and mustard. Wrap up the lettuce around the burger and enjoy.
Need more Keto Meal ideas? Check these out!
- Portobello Mushroom Pizza
- Baked Avocado and Egg Nest
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Avocado Sauce
- Easy Keto Bread
- Low Carb Chicken Alfredo
- Keto Chicken Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
Stuck on lunch ideas? Check out this Keto Lunch List!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here