This Baked Avocado and Egg Nest recipe is one that I love to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This baked avocado and egg recipe is simple to make and perfect for when you are stuck trying to figure out what to make.
The amazing avocado flavors come out once the avocado has been baked. Seriously, there is such an amazing difference between a raw avocado and a baked avocado.
If you are looking for a simple keto breakfast idea, this baked egg and avocado recipe is for you!
Baked Avocado and Egg
This is one of our go to Keto Avocado Recipes. Then the egg when you cut into it is nice and soft. The flavors might not sound like they mix well, but they mix amazingly.
Even the kids and Tom who do not eat Keto enjoy it! They were all actually quite shocked when I told them that they were eating a Keto Friendly recipe when I made this.
To make clean up easier, I like to bake each avocado side in a Ramekin, if I am cooking just one serving. If I am making enough for everyone then I use a large baking dish.
I also like to make sure that I have bacon cooked ahead of time. In the beginning of the week, I like to make a large batch of bacon that is cooked until right before my desired doneness. Then I can just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to reheat it and get it to perfection.
Baked Avocado and Egg Ingredients
How to make Baked Avocado and Egg
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
Put avocados in a baking dish and crack the eggs into the avocado hole.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake in the oven.
Cook pieces of bacon while avocado and eggs are in the oven.
Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top of the eggs and avocados when you remove them from the oven.
Baked Avocado and Egg
- 1 large avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 strip bacon cooked
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Using a spoon widen the hole of each half so you are removing about a teaspoon of the flesh.
- Place your avocados into a baking dish and crack the eggs into each hole, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs have reached the desired doneness.
- Chop your bacon into small pieces and sprinkle on the top of the avocados.
13 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving on the Freestyle Program.
Make sure you snag the FREE Keto Cookbooks! They will help with getting ideas for meals 🙂
- Ketogenic Diet: Delicious Keto Recipes, Lose Weight, Improve Your Health, Energy and Performance While Eating Delicious Food
- 7-Day Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan: Delicious and Easy Keto Recipes To Burn Fat and Gain Energy
Check out more Keto Friendly Recipes that are simple to make and taste amazing!
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Avocado Sauce
- Easy Single Serving Keto Bread
- Keto Friendly Chicken Salad Cheese Shell Tacos
- Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
Make sure you also check out this Keto Shopping list for Aldi! It will totally make your shopping for Keto items so much easier!
Stuck on lunch ideas? Check out this Keto Lunch List!
Nutrition Information based on My Fitness Pal App
Total Fat 34 g
Carbohydrate 13 g – Dietary Fiber 10 g = 3 Net Carbs
Protein 18 g
Get Our Newest Keto Recipes!
Subscribe to get our Newest Keto Recipes by email.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.