If you are looking for a fun twist on pizza that is easy to make and great for kids lunches, this pizza bread is perfect. Pizza bread is made with pizza crust, pizza sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings. All rolled together, baked and then cut into slices.
My mother in law always makes pepperoni bread, which remind me of pizza but the way she makes it, there is no pizza sauce. Yes, I can dip them it into pizza sauce, but I don’t always want to so I changed up her normal recipe for pizza bread and made it my own. When making anything pizza related, we prefer to use homemade pizza sauce, however you can use jarred sauce if you would prefer.
I am working on making easy to pack lunches that my kids can bring to school and have a warm lunch. Pizza Bread is one that I can easily make, reheat and then pack in an insulated container so they have a warm lunch at school.
This pizza bread recipe is great for the younger kids, there is no mess for them to make with having to spread the pizza sauce themselves. Everything, the toppings, cheese and pizza sauce is all wrapped up and baked in with the crust.
Some of our favorite toppings for Pizza Bread are:
- Black Olives
- Green peppers
- Ham and pineapple
If you are looking for more lunch ideas make sure you check these out!
- Bagel Pizza
- Endless lunch ideas for kids
- Pizza Lunchables
- Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Grilled cheese Roll up
- Italian Sub Roll ups
How to Make Pizza Bread
- 1 can Pillsbury pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 40 slices pepperoni or your favorite topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll the sheet of pizza dough onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the sheet of dough leaving an inch of dough at the bottom long edge.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sauce then top the cheese with pepperoni.
- Roll the top long edge down to the bottom edge of the dough so you get a spiraled dough.
- Bake for 14-18 minute until the bread is golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool for 5 minutes then slice in 2-inch slices.
If you are looking for even more lunch kids, make sure you check out 101 School Lunch Ideas!
Plus don’t miss these awesome lunch box recipes we love!
More Pizza Recipes to try!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest recipes right in your inbox every time we post a new one!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here