This warm, salty sweet Pumpkin Pecan Granola will make your house smell like a fall candle! Enjoy a handful as a snack or add to milk, yogurt or fruit for an easy breakfast!
Pumpkin Pecan Granola
Who else LOVES when their house smells like a freshly baked pie…without actually needing to bake a pie?
If you’re craving the warm, fall flavors of pumpkin and pecan, this Pumpkin Pecan Granola is for you!
This homemade granola has all of the flavors of your favorite pumpkin pie, with added crunch from pecans…without the work of baking a pie.
Even better – the pumpkin granola is WAY healthier and more filling, the perfect snack-on-the-go.
The base of this granola is pumpkin seeds, oats, and pecans. I added the pecans as they’re one of my favorite nuts and I love me a pecan pie almost as much as a pumpkin pie.
I found that in this homemade granola the pecan and pumpkin compliment each other not just in flavor but in texture as well.
If you’re a pecan lover too, be sure to check out these recipes:
What else can I add to pumpkin granola?
While I made this granola with a base of pumpkin and pecans, you are welcome to add in other nuts and seeds as you wish! Walnuts, pistachios, chia seeds, and coconut flakes are all delightful add-ins!
Just be aware that you may need to add them later in the cooking process to avoid burning.
This Pumpkin Maple Granola makes a great snack on its own! It’s a great one to keep in your purse for those mornings when errands take just a little too long and you’re quickly creeping into “hangry” mode.
You can also enjoy granola over your favorite yogurt for a quick breakfast or snack.
For something a little sweeter, you can also try this granola as a topping for vanilla ice cream. Mm, so good!
How to Enjoy Granola
There are quite a few different ways that you can enjoy homemade granola.
- As a snack. Granola can be enjoyed on its own as a tasty snack on its own.
- With milk. Serve homemade granola in a bowl with milk like you do cereal.
- With yogurt. Any flavored yogurt, greek yogurt, or regular yogurt pairs well with granola. Just sprinkle it on top of the yogurt. If you have never made your own yogurt you totally should and our favorite is instant pot yogurt.
Important Tips for Making Homemade Granola
Don’t let it burn. When you are making healthy granola it can go from almost done to burnt very fast. You need to watch it carefully to make sure not to burn it.
Use a large mixing bowl. I like to just mix everything on the baking sheet so I have fewer dishes but you can totally add all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and then add the wet ingredients into it, mix well and then pour onto a prepared baking sheet.
Allow homemade granola to cool. It is important to let the homemade granola cool completely before storing it.
How to Store Homemade Granola
You can store your homemade pumpkin granola in an airtight container. Store in a cool place away from direct light or even in the fridge if you live somewhere warm and humid.
I recommend allowing it to cool completely before transferring it to a container to prevent any condensation.
If you want to freeze your homemade granola, you can do that too! Just get as much air out of the container as possible. A vacuum sealer is handy for this! Granola will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Pumpkin Pecan Granola Ingredients
- rolled oats
- pecans pieces
- raw pumpkin seeds
- kosher salt
- pumpkin pie spice
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- pumpkin puree
How To Make Pumpkin Granola
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sugar, salt, pumpkin spice, cinnamon in a large bowl.
In a medium sauce pan combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree. Heat it on medium until the coconut oil is melted.
Pour this mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
Place the oat mixture on a sheet pan and place in the oven.
After 13 minutes give the mixture a stir and place back in the oven for another 13 minutes.
Store in an airtight container.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Muffins
- No-Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
- Super Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
Pumpkin Pecan Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups pecans pieces
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sugar, salt, pumpkin spice, cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree. Heat it on medium until the coconut oil is melted.
- Pour this mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Place the oat mixture on a sheet pan and place in the oven.
- After 13 minutes give the mixture a stir and place back in the oven for another 13 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
Comments & Reviews
Crystal Fiducia says
this looks and sounds so yummy! I have to try this.