I have lived in many different places around the country, over time I have combined the different food types from different areas to create things my family loves. Of course once I test them out on my family, we share them here on the blog for you to enjoy with your family. These Vermont Breakfast Tacos are the perfect example of combing different flavors and foods from different places around the country.
When I lived in Vermont I fell in love with aged white cheddar. I have used it to make everything from Crock Pot White Cheddar Cheese Queso to Cauliflower White Cheddar Mac and Cheese and so many other amazing recipes.
When I moved to the south I had my first taste of breakfast tacos. Seriously you find breakfast tacos everywhere! For these breakfast tacos, I combined the southern breakfast tacos with the amazing taste of Vermont cheese and one other super special ingredient that makes these Vermont breakfast Tacos one of our favorite breakfast meals.
I always use Higgins Hot Sauce. This is the best hot sauce I have ever had before. Every time I visit my brother in Vermont I have to get my stock pile of this hot sauce because it is a locally made hot sauce. You are only able to find this sauce in the northeast for now but if you make your way up there you need to find some for yourself.
Vermont Breakfast Tacos
Vermont Breakfast Tacos Ingredients
- 6 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup Vermont maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Vermont white cheddar, shredded
- To taste hot sauce, Higgins Hot Sauce is what I use.
Vermont Breakfast Tacos Directions
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Lay the bacon out onto a broiler pan or on a rack inside of a larger pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Lay the bacon onto the rack and pour the syrup onto the bacon. Place the pan into the oven.
- Regular cut bacon takes about 17 to 20 minutes and thick cut bacon will take about 20 to 25 minutes depending on how you like it cooked.
- Transfer the bacon onto a plate with paper towels to help absorbs some excess fat.
- Whisk the eggs together with the milk until well combined. Scramble the eggs over medium heat until cooked.
- Divided the eggs between all the tortillas, sprinkle each with the cheese.
- Top each taco with the bacon and hot sauce.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
More Breakfast Recipes to try!
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
- Homemade Pancake Mix
- Banana Carrot Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Homemade french toast sticks
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here