This No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert is made with the most amazing flavorful layers. An Oreo cookie layer, a cheesecake layer, a pumpkin pudding layer and then topped with cool whip and sprinkles.
No-Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert Recipe
I love everything pumpkin, during pumpkin season I make everything and anything I can make with pumpkin. I grab sugar pumpkins while they are fresh grown and make homemade pumpkin puree so I have it in the freezer to enjoy all year long. When I say I make everything pumpkin in the fall, I mean it. I am making pumpkin pasta sauce, pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, Banana Pumpkin Bread, and pumpkin french toast.
This summer I shared my chocolate lasagna recipe that was a huge hit with everyone I knew come fall I had to share with you my Layered Pumpkin Dessert Lasagna. It is super easy to make and everyone who has ever tried it loves it!
Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert Layers
There are a few layers in this easy layered pumpkin dessert that are all easy to make. Each layer combined together gives the most amazing pumpkin dessert ever. Seriously this might be my favorite pumpkin dessert, but then again I have a hard time picking just one pumpkin dessert to call my favorite because I love them all.
You can use ether homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin when you are making this layered pumpkin dessert. I personally prefer to use homemade pumpkin puree and it is super easy to make and tastes so much better.
Oreo Cookie Layer. This easy layer is made by combining Oreo cookies with butter and then placed in the fridge to set. I use pumpkin spice Oreo cookies when I can find them or I use Vanilla Oreo Cookies. If you want to you can do a split of half pumpkin spice Oreo cookies and half Vanilla Oreo cookies.
When you are making this layer you will pulse your blender or food processor until the cookies are a fine crumb and then pour the butter into the cookie crumbs then pulse until combined. If you don’t have a food processor or blender you can place the cookies in a bag and smash them with a rolling bin until they are crushed.
Using a spatula you will then press the crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan and place the baking dish into the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
Cheesecake Layer. This easy layer is made with cream cheese, milk, sugar and cool whip and it tastes just like cheesecake!
In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a bowl with a hand mixer you will beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until the cheese is fluffy. Then you will add in milk, and sugar and mix well and finally stir in some cool whip to make it the perfect cheesecake layer. You will spread this layer on top of the Oreo Cookie crust layer and then place back in the fridge.
Pumpkin Pudding Layer. For this layer I normally use instant pumpkin pudding mixed with milk. However if you can’t find the pumpkin pudding and you do not want to make your own then you can use vanilla pudding and up the pumpkin puree to a 1/2 cup that is being mixed with the instant pudding. You can also make homemade pumpkin pudding ahead of time and use that in place of the pumpkin instant pudding and milk, I have included below how to make homemade pumpkin pudding.
To make this layer you will combine the instant pudding with 1 1/2 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken, stir in the pumpkin puree. Then spread the mixture over the cream cheese layer and place back in the fridge for 5 minutes.
If you are using homemade pumpkin pudding, make the pumpkin pudding and let it cool and then mix with the pumpkin puree to make the pumpkin layer.
Whipped topping layer. This layer is super easy, all you will need is cool whip or homemade whipped cream. Spread it on top of the pumpkin layer, then sprinkle with fall themed sprinkles if you want to. Then store in the fridge for the whole dessert to set.
Homemade Pumpkin Pudding
If you are unable to find pumpkin instant pudding you can easily make your own. If you are making your own then you are going to want to plan on having it sit in the fridge for 1 hour before using it.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- 4 large egg yolks beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combine sugar, cornstarch and milk in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until pudding heats up, then stir constantly until it starts to bubble. Pour 1/2 cup of milk mixture into the eggs stirring constantly. You don’t want to cook your egg yolks. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Then pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook until bubbly and thickened. Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming. Place in the refrigerate for an hour then use in place of the pumpkin pudding mix and milk mixed layer.
Tips for Making this recipe
Don’t skimp on the set times. You can speed up the setting time by placing this dish in the freezer for one hour instead of in the fridge for 3-4 after you have made it.
Store in the fridge. You want to keep this dish in the fridge right up until serving. Having it at room temperature for a long time will cause the layers to get runny.
Can I make this dessert ahead of time?
You will want to make this dessert ahead of time so that it has enough time to set. However, I find that it is best served the same day it is made if it is stored in the fridge. We prefer serving this pumpkin dessert within 24 hours of making it.
Easy Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Easy Pumpkin Trifle
- Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
- Maple pumpkin pie
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- Crustless pumpkin pie
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookies
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
- 36 vanilla Oreo Cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 2.9 ounces Instant pumpkin pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons fall sprinkles
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender place your cookies into it and pulse until the cookies are a fine crumb. Pour the butter into the cookie crumbs then pulse until combined. If you don't have a food processor or blender you can place the cookies in a bag and smash them with a rolling bin until they are crushed.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Using a spatula press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the baking dish into the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- In the bowl of your mixer beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until the cheese is fluffy. Slow the speed down to low and add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip.
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator and spread the mixture on top. Place back into the refrigerator.
- In another bowl combine instant pudding with 1 1/2 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken, stir in the pumpkin puree. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the cream cheese layer and place back in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top.
- Sprinkle your fall sprinkles evenly over the top.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 3-4 hours before serving.
Leave A Reply!