Going to the movies can be super expensive – but there are things you can do to save money while still having a ton of fun! Did you know there are LOTS of ways that you can still see the movies that you want to and save a TON of money doing so! My Favorite place to grab my movie tickets is on Fandango – they often have deals and coupon codes that you can use to save money.
How to Save Money When Going to the Movies
- Check out the free and cheap movies during the summer at select theaters around the country
- Look for smaller theaters – around me the smaller ones tend to have cheaper ticket prices
- Go to Early bird or matinee movies – they are cheaper and at times they can be 50% cheaper
- Look for coupons online for snacks- often AMC and other theaters put printable coupons out
- Follow your local theater on facebook- this will give you information about the movies but also an easy way to find out the deals and coupons
- Shop on Fandango.com – buying your tickets online can be cheaper then when you get to the theater and they often have coupon codes and sales Like the On Fridays, get 2 for 1 movie tickets when you use your Visa Signature card or the $5 day movies.
- Buy the large popcorn and large drink that get you free refills if you are going with the kiddos – then ask for courtesy cups and if you need more popcorn or drink you can go and get it refilled for free. It is about $13 here for me to buy both and if i bought each kid their own drink and popcorn it would cost me about $30 so BIG savings there!!
Everyday for the month of October we are sharing a different way to save money. Each of these ways can help you save over $100 each per year! See the rest of the 31 Ways to Save $100 or More Per Year posts here. Using these ways to, you can save $100 in 31 different ways and you have a savings of $3100.00 in a year (if not more!)!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here