If you are passing McDonald’s and trying to figure out if you can stick to keto and low carb while eating at McDonald’s then you are in luck! You can totally eat Low Carb and Keto at McDonald’s! Check out this list of Low Carb and Keto at McDonald’s to help you choose what to eat when you are at McDonald’s.
Low Carb and Keto at McDonald’s
Now as with any fast food restaurant, the food at McDonald’s is not going to be healthy per say. It is still fast food, and it is still for the most part processed food. However the reality of life is that we are busy, we travel and sometimes us moms don’t like to cook so fast food dining happens. Having fast food once in a while is most likely not going to ruin your life and your health. And it is totally possible to stay low carb and keto while you are eating at a fast food location like McDonald’s.
When you are eating low carb and keto at any fast food place you are going to have to remember that there are somethings that are not going to be 100% fitting even on the items that sound like they should fit. There are sometimes items put into the foods that are not going to scream carbs at you, but will have carbs in them.
Keto Low Carb at McDonald’s Quick Guide:
Here is a quick quide for things that will make your low carb and keto eating at McDonald’s easier.
Avoid High Carb items, including buns, wraps, bagels, biscuits, pancakes, breading(on chicken sandwiches and nuggets), french fries and dessert items.
You can add lettuce, pickles, mayo and mustard to any of your sandwiches without adding any carbs. Adding onion or tomato to any of your sandwiches will add 1g carb for each.
Stick with water and unsweetened iced teas for drinks. You can get diet soda, there are no carbs however as we all know soda is not something that is a healthy option in general, but having a diet soda will not add carbs to your meal.
Low Carb and Keto Breakfast at McDonald’s
Steak Egg and Cheese Biscuit (no biscuit)
- Nutrition Information: 294 calories, 4 net carbs
Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit (no biscuit)
- Nutrition Information: 190 calories, 3 net carbs
Sausage Egg and cheese (no biscuit)
- Nutrition Information: 224 calories, 1 net carb
Sausage McMuffin with Egg (No english muffin)
- Nutrition Information: 340 calories, 3 net carbs
Egg McMuffin (no english muffin)
- Nutrition Information: 160 calories, 3 net carbs
Reader Rachel says she loves getting a side of scrambled eggs and side of sausage. Thanks Rachel!
Lunch and Dinner Low Carb and Keto at McDonald’s
You can remove the bun for just about any burger or chicken and make it low carb, except for the fried chicken at McDonald’s.
Hamburger (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 90 calories, 6g fat, 0g carbs, 7g protein
Cheeseburger (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 140 calories, 10g fat, 2g carbs, 10g protein
McDouble (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 220 calories, 16g fat, 3g carbs, 17g protein
Double Cheeseburger (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 270 calories, 20g fat, 4g carbs, 1g fiber, 20g protein
Big Mac (no bun)
- Nutrition Information:230 calories, 16g fat, 3g carbs, 1g fiber, 17g protein
Bacon McDouble (no bun)
- Nutrition Information:290 calories, 21g fat, 3g carbs, 23g protein
Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich (no bun)
- Nutrition Information: 160 calories, 4g fat, 2g carbs, 29g protein
Salad’s at McDonald’s
If you are low carb, then you can add a dressing that is lower carbs. I personally go this route because I am not a fan of a dry salad. I stick with the ranch even though it is 8g carbs for the ranch dressing and it is not keto friendly because of the ingredients but I pick my battles.
McDonald’s Side Salad – (no carrots, no dressing)
- Nutrition Information: 18 calories, 0g fat, 1g protein, 3g net carbs
Bacon Ranch Grilled Chicken Salad – (No croutons, no carrots and no dressing)
- Nutrition Information: 320 calories, 14g fat, 42g protein, 7g net carbs
Check out our other Restaurant Keto Guides!
- Keto at Starbucks
- Keto Taco Bell
- Keto and Low Carb Arby’s
- Keto at Burger King
- Keto at Sonic
- Keto at In-N-Out Burger
- Keto at Chic-Fil-A
- Low Carb at Corner Bakery Cafe
- Wendy’s Keto
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here