Ok so before I get started on my 5 reasons why I won’t buy a car from the Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet I have background information you should know.
Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet
You know those car dealership flyers that you get in the mail? The ones saying you can win a TV ect it all started with one of those. Tom got one in the mail from Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet. He opened the flaps and it said he won a TV. So I called the phone number listed on the Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet flyer to claim. The Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet flyer says you need to call to claim your prize. I got an automated message saying “YOU WON” and to hold for a representative. A Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet representative got on the phon eafter the automated message. She told me that I needed to come to the dealership with my ID that matched the same name I give them over the phone so I could pick up my prize. They asked if I wanted to buy a car, I said no I would be in just to grab my TV and they told me that was fine. They told me to make sure I came to the Grey Chevrolet Stroudsburg Pa location and to bring my ID and ask for Mr. Green when I got there. I wrote his name down on the flyer just so I would remember.
Now normally when we have done these things for the heck of it we have called and it has NEVER had us talk to a rep. It has always told us that we needed to come down and make sure our numbers match the board. Which is cool, I get it because that is the ploy to get people in to their car dealership. Slimy, yes because most people do not read the fine print that says your numbers must match the board. However when I called Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet I was told to bring ID and no mention that my numbers would have to be checked against the board and the automated message from Grey Chevrolet before I talked to the rep said I had won. That leads a person to believe that the numbers entered when calling in matched, especially when they tell you to bring ID.
Upon talking to other people after posting on my personal facebook page about the TV win, people spoke up that they too got the flyer, saying they won a TV too! So I thought for a few days about if I should go in and if it was real or not. Then I figured the best thing to do was go in, check it out and share whatever outcome came of it. I am all for a good business and giving them recognition and telling others about them. So if they were good then good. If they were shady then I would tell that to. As you can tell since I am letting you know I won’t be buying a car from them, that they do NOT get my stamp of approval. Which if you have been here a while you know that I review products all the time and let people know the good, bad and the ugly. It is the right thing to do.
Ok, so Grey Chevrolet in Stroudsburg lied to me to get me in the door. Ok that is fine, whatever. I can handle you being slimy to get people in the door. I can handle it because I can turn right around and walk out the door and you can not hold me hostage in your building. Do you waste my time? Yes you do but you also waste your own time because if I am not there to buy a car you can not talk me into buying one.
Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet
What has me NEVER buying a car from Grey Chevrolet is the events that happened when I got to their dealership. So here is why I will NOT buy a car from Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet.
- No actual real Prizes??? Upon entering the Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet dealership I told them I had called and was told to ask for Mr. Green and show my ID to pick up my TV. WITHOUT even looking at my numbers on my flyer they told me I did not win a TV. Um what!?! How can you tell me I didn’t win the TV if you didn’t even look at my numbers AND the TV is sitting there still in your showroom. If you are going to tell me I did NOT have the matching numbers with out looking at my flyer then I am going to assume that you KNOW no one is ever getting ANY prize!
- Not Military Friendly! Then I was asked if I wanted to get a Car loan. I said no because I use USAA and I know exactly what car I am getting next and I have no need for them to talk anything car related with me. The salesmen then said “USAA is a car dealers worst enemy”. Um so you mean to tell me that you do NOT like having Military members buy cars from you? Cause just about every military family I know uses USAA to get a car loan, they go to the dealership and they buy the car they are wanting. Telling me that the bank military members use is your worst enemy tells me you do not like military members buying cars from you!
- Bribery! I was then asked what I do for a living and I told him I am a blogger. I told him I help people save money and I work with brands to help them advertise and that I do reviews of products to help others with their shopping. At this point he says “well how about I give you the $50 worth the gift cards then so you at least get a prize”. The “$50 gift cards” are my next issue which I will tell you about in a minute. But now because I tell you that I am a blogger and I work with brands you want to give me a prize??? Totally felt like he was trying to make it positive after the previous comments. After giving me the gift cards, he asked me what my site was and went to his desk and looked it up. Of course the blog pulled up and he saw that I do actually have people who read and follow my blog. Pretty much I felt like he was trying to bribe me with some crappy “prize” just in case I might be planning on telling my readers about them.
- Deceptive “Prize” Wording. Now the “gift card” and I use that term loosely was 2 $25 restaurant.com gift cards. Now don’t get me wrong Restaurants.com is a great way to save money when you are dining out locally but they hardly count as a gift card. They are more like coupons. You go to the Restaurants.com website, and spend x amount for x amount for a restaurant. Then the fine print is that in order to use your voucher you bought you must spend x amount of money. For example you get a $10 gift certificate for $4, then at the restaurant you must spend $20 to be able to use the $10 off that you paid $4 for. Plus when you buy $25 gift cards for the site they are NEVER priced at $25! You can get a $25 gift card to use at restaurants.com for $10 – $50 in gift cards is really only a $20 “prize” and then you have to spend money to even use it. That to me is slimy. You are telling people they are getting a $50 prize (which is also a prize that is listed on their flyer that you can win) and they really are NOT getting an actual $50 gift card at all.
- Sales man’s Belief that Prizes are not “Easily Won”. When the salesman was talking to me at one point he said “You didn’t really think it would be that easy, to get a flyer, call a number and win a prize did you?” My response to him was “Yes, as a blogger I host giveaways for my readers where they win actual prizes and they get actual prizes.” He said well they must be cheap prizes. I told him no, no they are not. I have given away Coach purses, Amazon gift Cards and more that I have supplied myself and that I have partnered with brands to give away things like a Disney Vacation (a few years ago), Visa gift cards and more. I have to say the look on his face was quite funny and I won’t ever shop at a place who believes that “giveaways aren’t that easy” because they are! I know because I host them all the time here on the blog and they ARE that easy to enter and people do actually get their prizes.
“I Won’t buy a car from Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet”
Stroudsburg Pa Grey Chevrolet can keep their TV and their cars because I will not be stepping foot again into that dealership. I am not going to tell anyone NOT to shop there, however I am also not going to sit quietly about how I am not going to be shopping there! I don’t care about not winning a TV (we had planned on giving it away anyway to someone who could use it because we don’t need another TV), however I DO care about the comments made while I was in the dealership! To be unaccepting and call USAA the enemy when that is what Military families use when buying cars, and acting like actually giving prizes away is a joke when I give prizes away here on the blog all the time and everything else. No I won’t sit quiet and no I won’t ever be going back in. I am however thankful that I was not going there to get a car, because if their actions during this show what they would be when looking at cars, I would rather not have that expierence ever!