Uses for baby wipes
Starting in 2005 when McKenzie was born every where I went I had baby wipes with me, not just in my diaper bag for when she would need a diaper change, but in my car too. About 2 years ago Alyssa potty trained and the need for wipes and a diaper bag was over but I still kept them in my car as they are great for cleaning messy kids up while on the go. But of course since I use coupons all the time one of things that is free or really really cheap just about every week at one store or another is baby wipes we continue to have a stock pile of them. While it might sound a bit to keep buying them with no babies or toddlers in the house there are a lot of uses for baby wipes other then just being for wiping cute little butts!
Uses for Baby Wipes
- Makeup remover – especially when you are traveling and you can not bring liquid with you on a plane because it could leak baby wipes are a great alternative.
- I keep wipes in the car for wiping sticky hands on the go but they are also fantastic for cleaning the plastic areas of your car. The doors, steering wheels, the sides of inside of the car ect.
- Get rid of deodorant on a dark colored shirt. Gosh do I hate when I am wearing a black shirt, put the deodorant on and then see a smudge of it on my shirt, it drives me crazy!
- wiping down your pets, ok so this sounds a little weird but we have 3 cats and they have a lot of fur and at times they do not groom themselves completely and they shed even when we give them baths so wiping them down with a wipe catches the stray hairs. It is also great for cleaning up and messes they don’t leave in their litterbox that gets stuck in their fur.
- Cleaning public surfaces like tables, high chairs, shopping carts and more
- Wash doll faces, the plastic ones that never seem to get clean and if you use a hard cleaner it will remove the dolls face parts like eyes so baby wipes are great.
- Toys Cars and lego sets that have been built. Having Logan being a HUGE Lego fan has left us with times where he still had sticky fingers for what ever reason and he went to build his legos, got the whole thing put together and there were sticky spots from his hands. I can easily wipe the built Lego set down with a baby wipe and we are good to go!
- Cleaning computer and tablet screens. They are soft but you do have to be very careful that the wipe is not to wet when you do it because you do not want the wetness on the screens, you just want the softness and a little dampness to wipe off the fingerprints
- Cleaning your kitchen table. Cleaning tables can be a huge pain in the butt and there are chemicals that you might not want on your kitchen table. They also make it super easy to clean the chairs that kids have made a mess on
- Cleaning plastic furniture like Little Tikes and Step 2 products. It is super easy to clean the toys and using the wipes just makes it easier.
- Dusting furniture. Like the top of things like ceiling fans or book shelves. Instead of spending all that money on the fluffy duster things wipes work just as well. If you are like me you might need a stool though so you can reach everything 😉
- Cleaning the bathroom, when you have someone who is coming to visit and you don’t have time to do a deep clean, grab the wipes and wipe down the walls, counter tops, faucet and toilet and tada clean bathroom!
- Door frames. This is one of the things I hate cleaning in my house because it seems like there are always fingerprints on the door frames, being able to grab a wipe and wipe down the frames quickly helps me not have sticky fingerprints all over the doorframe.
- Cleaning white sneakers. White sneakers get dirty faster then any other color it seems, but with a quick wipe down you can have pretty white sneakers again quickly.
- Keep them on hand incase of a power outage. When hurricane Irene hit we were living in the Poconos at the time and we were with out power for 5 days! Baby wipes saved the day not only for cleaning up messes but for cleaning up ourselves. You can use baby wipes to clean all the “important” dirty parts when you can not take a shower like during a power outage
- Clean expensive purses. Coach purses I really should say. You can not stick them in the washer but they can get dirty quickly so using baby wipes to wipe it down and get rid of dirt spots and keep your bags looking beautiful.
- Cleaning crayon off the wall. This does not always work with crayons marks that are heavy but the light doodles are easy to get off the wall with baby wipes
- Remove ink, marker and pen off skin. With little kids, especially a 4 year old who loves to color she tend to end up with colorful hands to and baby wipes are great for getting it off.
- Cleaning Barbie items. Barbie items are sooo small and cleaning them is a pain. You don’t want to stick them in the sink because just in case something happens with the drain and one goes down it you will have a massive plumbing issue. But also things like the barbie houses that are part cardboard now and part plastic and the barbie cars soaking wet rags don’t work well to clean them
- Removing black soot from candles. Sometimes when you burn a candle it leaves that dirty and ugly black coating on the glass, it doesn’t make the candle look pretty on the outside anymore so using a baby wipe to quickly get it off works great.
What are some other uses for baby wipes that you use?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here