We have been testing out the Nintendo Switch for the past few weeks, thanks to our partnership with Nintendo. The general opinions in our house is that is the BEST Nintendo system yet! On top of that the kids have also deemed it the Best Kids Game Console!
I have been a Nintendo fan since way back in the day of the Game Boy. My kids have had their hands on many Nintendo consoles, including the old school ones and handheld. Logan helped me with this post to tell me why he feels the Nintendo switch is the Best Kids Game Console, check out his 5 reasons below!
5 Reason The Nintendo Switch Is the Best Kids Game Console
- It can be played at home or on the go. You can hook up the Nintendo Switch to your TV to play when you are at home or you can take it with you wherever you go! Plus You never loose your game play when you are switching between TV and handheld settings.
- Easy set up. I let the kids take the reigns when it came to setting it up. With in minutes they had the system hooked up to the TV and ready to play. Really if the kids can do it, then so can just about any adult!
- Zelda. Yes Zelda hits the top of the list for the Nintendo Switch. Logan has been playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild on the Wii U and once he started playing on the Nintendo Switch he said it was well worth having to play lots of the game all over again to play it on the Switch.With Zelda Breath of the Wild, the fun doesn’t stop at just the game! There are some really awesome extras you can grab to enhance the game play. You can grab the Zelda: Breath of the Wild Official Guide to help with your game play and get some really awesome tips! Grab the The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts book to get an even better understanding of the game! Logan REALLY loves this book, I have caught him reading it on multiple occasions with a huge smile on his face 🙂 Plus don’t forget your Nintendo 8-Bit Link: The Legend of Zelda amiibo!
- Easy Multi-player. There are some really fun multi-player games and with the Nintendo Switch playing with two people is easily done. With multiple kids in the house, it is important that multi-plater game play is easily done.
- Easy to get new games. You can buy games from the Nintendo e-store, download them and play them right away! This is also a big plus that helps with people losing games because they do not put them in their cases after they are done playing.
Family Fun with the Nintendo Switch and Zelda
When you introduce your family to the Nintendo Switch, the first thing you need to do is get your hands on Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It is our favorite game so far and one that your whole family is going to love playing together! I am excited for all the family fun we are going to continue having with Zelda and the Nintendo Switch!
Disclaimer: We partnered with Nintendo to test out the Nintendo Switch. All opinions are 100% our own.
Comments & Reviews
Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle says
We just got a Switch, and I have to say that so far, it’s the best console we’ve ever purchased.
Jennifer Van Huss says
Nintendo Switch is the best invention Nintendo has come up with!! The fact that it can go from TV to car to Plane in one system is the best!! I love the new game they have come out with too!
Angela Ricardo says
I have been seeing switch and while we dont have kids yet … one on the way 😉 I am sure this will be great indeed. I grew up around nintendo products and still plat with my DSi here and there to date.
You won me over with the first two, easy set up and play anywhere. Nintendo always comes up with some great products.
Dawn McAlexander says
I have seen these advertised and thought they looked pretty cool. I would like to have a console that is both handheld and can connect to a tv. That would be the coolest.
Lisa Marie Heath says
We actually own 3 of them! They are incredible and we are just waiting for more games to release! Lots of fun to play with my son or my boyfriend!
I’ve heard so much about the Nintendo Switch lately. It makes me really want one, even though there are no kids in my house.
Kelly Hutchinson says
My son wants a Nintendo Switch so much! I loved reading your post about it. It has made me decide to take the leap and get him one for his birthday or maybe Christmas.
My son is not a kid anymore, but he would love the Nintendo Switch, for sure. He’s been obssesed with Nintendo products ever since.
I want to get a Nintendo Switch! I am an avid Nintendo fan and have a Wii U/3DS already! The games look so fun that are coming out!
Rebecca Swenor says
Nintendo Switch sounds like a great game console for kids and the family. I will have to share this with my sister and niece for their kids. I love you can hook it to the tv or use it on the go while traveling. Thanks for sharing the information.
This is very cool!! I know lots of people who love the switch!
I haven’t heard of the Nintendo Switch but I think it looks awesome!! I will have to pass this post off to my SIL, my nephews would love this!!
I am a huge Zelda fan and would love to play the new games. However, our kids lost game privileges, so we won’t be getting one any time soon!
Annemarie LeBlanc says
My kids are all grown ups now and they occasionally play online games. I guess it would be my 13 year old nephew that would be interested in the Nintendo Switch. I am not sure if my sister would get it for him though. She wants him to concentrate on his school work. My nephew has a tendency to slack off.