This creamy garlic chicken pasta with spinach recipe is loaded with chicken and pasta with a creamy parmesan cheese sauce that the whole family will love. Serve with salad and bread for an easy family dinner recipe. This easy chicken pasta is done in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy nights when you want a delicious dinner but are short on time.
Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta
If you are wanting easy comfort food that is flavorful and easy to make look no further than this delicious garlic chicken pasta recipe. Tender chicken with a creamy spinach and parmesan cheese sauce mixed with pasta is perfect for anyone who loves pasta dishes with chicken.
Pasta has been our go-to for busy nights lately because it is something the entire family enjoys and that I can make quickly and have minimal dishes. In our house, no one likes boring food. I can not get away with many recipes that people consider easy because my family wants flavorful and delicious meals most easy recipes tend to lack the flavors that my family loves. This easy recipe for garlic chicken pasta is not only easy to make but it is also flavorful and my whole family loves it.
With juicy chicken breast, tender pasta, and a spinach cream sauce made with everyday ingredients, this easy chicken pasta with spinach recipe will be one I am sure you add to your meal plan often after you make it the first time.
Why You will love this recipe
Easy to make. This chicken pasta recipe is super easy to make. This simple pasta dish it is the perfect dinner to make for busy weeknights, you can make some steamed or roasted veggies as sides and a fresh salad and have a full meal.
Done in under 30 minutes. Including the cooking time for the pasta and the chicken with the creamy parmesan sauce, this whole dinner is done in about 30 minutes.
Creamy delicious sauce. I really love the flavor of the sauce, if there is any extra on your plate it is for sure worth dipping fresh bread into!
What to Serve with Garlic Chicken Pasta
When it comes to a pasta dish as the main dish for our meals I like to keep things simple with fresh bread and a salad as the sides. There are lots of different bread options and salad options and what I make depends on my mood. If you are looking for simple salad and bread ideas check out a few of our favorites.
- Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- French Bread
- Italian Bread
- Olive Garden Salad
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Caesar Salad
What is the best chicken to use?
I like using boneless skinless chicken breast but you can also use chicken cutlets or chicken thighs if that is what you have on hand.
What is the best pasta to use?
Any small shaped pasta will work for this recipe. I do not suggest using long pasta like angel hair pasta or fettuccini noodles (although if that is what you have on hand you can but I would break the pasta up into smaller pieces before cooking. I like using rotelle pasta but you can also use penne pasta, ziti pasta, and bowtie pasta or your favorite pasta.
Variations of this recipe
Add more veggies. If you want to add more veggies artichokes and sundried tomatoes are great additions.
Add some spice. If you want to have a bit of spice add some red pepper flakes.
How to Store
Allow pasta to cool completely and then store in an airtight container in the fridge. Pasta will keep for 3-4 days.
Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach Ingredients
- chicken. We prefer boneless skinless chicken breasts but you can also use chicken thighs.
- Uncooked pasta. Any small pasta will work, we love using spiral pasta as it coats well with the sauce.
- baby spinach. I prefer baby spinach but you can use large leaf spinach as well.
- olive oil. You can also use coconut oil or avocado oil if you prefer.
- butter. Salted butter is best, you can use unsalted but you may need to add a bit more salt. Do not use margarine or any butter products, real butter is needed for this recipe.
- minced garlic. You can use fresh or jarred garlic.
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- heavy cream
- parmesan cheese. I like grated but you can also use shredded.
How to make Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach
Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente and drain the pasta.
Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder.
Slice chicken into thin slices horizontally.
In a large skillet over medium high heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the sliced chicken, cook chicken until fully cooked. When chicken is cooked remove it from the pan and set it aside to make the cream sauce.
Add 2 tablespoons minced garlic, and 2 tablespoons butter and cook for 1 minute.
Then add the spinach and cook till almost limp.
Next, add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder. Stir until the cheese is melted.
Add the pieces of chicken back into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Pour chicken, spinach, and sauce mixture over the cooked pasta in the pot, and mix well.
Chicken Pasta Recipes
Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 pound pasta
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente and drain the pasta.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder.
- Slice chicken into thin slices horizontally.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the sliced chicken, cook chicken until fully cooked. When chicken is cooked remove it from the pan and set it aside to make the cream sauce.
- Add 2 tablespoons minced garlic, and 2 tablespoons butter and cook for 1 minute. Then add the spinach and cook till almost limp.
- Next, add the heavy cream and parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder. Stir until the cheese is melted
- Add the pieces of chicken back into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, pour chicken, spinach, and sauce mixture over the cooked pasta, and mix well.
Leave A Reply!