This is not your typical Shepard’s Pie recipe, it is one that I made up a few years ago when we were totally broke. I was digging through the pantry and the freezer to see what we had (before my couponing days) and I came up with this Easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe. You most likely have most if not all of the ingredients needed for this recipe on hand already. This is one of my go to, make everyone happy recipes and normally we as a family of 5 don’t have left overs!
Easy Shepherd’s Pie
Easy Shepherd’s Pie Ingredients:
- 1 Bag Ore Ida Tater Tots
- 1 bag frozen mixed Veggies or 3 cans of your favorite veggies
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or cheddar soup (depends on my mood to what I use)
- 1 pound hamburger meat
- 2 packs instant mash potatoes (2 of the smaller packets) or you can use homemade
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
Quick and Easy Shepherd’s Pie Directions
- Cook hamburger meat, and then drain the fat, then add in 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and mix together
- Spray a glass baking pan with non stick spray
- Line bottom of baking pan with tator tots (if you are using a small pan you will need 2 pans for this recipe)
- pour meat/soup mixture on top of tator tots
- pour frozen veggies on top of meat mixture
- spread mashed potatoes on top of frozen veggies (spread like icing on a cake)
- sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top
- Bake for 30 minutes at 425
21 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here