Oreo cookies and a glass of milk are always a tasty treat, but this Microwave Oreo Mug Cake recipe combines the 2 together to make a delicious Oreo milk mug cake that has quickly become one of our family’s favorite recipes. With just 2 ingredients and a few minutes of prep time you can make this Tik Tok Oreo Mug Cake recipe.
Microwave Oreo Mug Cake Recipe
Oreo lovers, this one’s for you! With just 2 ingredients and less than 5 minutes you will have this amazing Oreo Mug cake recipe ready for you to enjoy. This 2-ingredient oreo cake in a mug has become a favorite in our house. If you are looking for a quick sweet fix this super easy oreo mug cake recipe is perfect!
This decadent oreo mug cake is made with simple ingredients and you only need 2 ingredients to make it! Milk and Oreo cookies!
When my daughter found this easy mug cake recipe on Tik Tok she told me she had to try it. Of course I am a big fan of anything chocolate so I said let’s go! We made it and It was for sure a winner! The tiktok version she showed me had no real measurements so we took the the time to come up with measurements that will work and make it even easier to make this Oreo Cake in a mug.
I think we have the perfect Oreo mug cake recipe and your whole family is going to love it! I know my whole family loves making them and have asked that I always keep Oreos in the pantry so they can make this easy dessert recipe.
It only takes a few minutes to make, and this sweet treat is the perfect single-serving dessert. This Microwave mug cake is soft, fluffy, and full of Oreo flavor. This delicious dessert is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Recipes Using Oreo Cookies
- Oreo Balls Recipe
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Oreo Milkshake
- Oreo Hot Chocolate Bombs
What is a mug cake?
A mug cake is a cake that is literally made in a mug and then cooked with the power of your microwave. All of the ingredients are mixed in the mug or a bowl and then put into a mug and then cooked in the microwave. There is no having to worry about an oven or a big mess.
What Makes the TikTok Oreo Mug Cake Special?
Most mug cakes are made with cake mixes or ingredients that typically go in a cake. With this Oreo mug cake, you are only using Oreos and milk.
The key to this Oreo mug cake is its combination of flavors. The rich chocolate-y taste of the Oreos perfectly compliments the softness of the milk and creates a delicious flavor that you won’t be able to resist. Plus, it has an added crunch from the crushed up Oreos sprinkled on top. It’s truly an indulgent treat that you’ll want to make again and again.
Are mug cakes safe to eat?
Yes, mug cakes are safe to eat as long as they are made with ingredients that have been properly stored and handled. Be sure to follow the recipe instructions closely and use a microwave-safe mug or dish when cooking your mug cake.
Can I Cook 2 at a Time?
You do not want to cook 2 Oreo mug cakes at a time. The heat will not be distributed evenly and the cakes will not cook evenly.
What Kind of Mug Should I Use?
Your mug needs to be big enough to hold the cake, you need to use a mug that holds at least 8 ounces, you can use a larger mug if that is what you have. Make sure you have room to add your toppings like whipped cream or ice cream.
How long does it take to cook a mug cake?
This mug cake takes 1-1.5 minutes to cook depending on your microwave. Some microwaves may take a bit longer to cook the chocolate mug cake, if you find that after the first 45 seconds you need more time, cook it in 15 second intervals to be sure that you do not burn it.
Tips for Making TikTok Oreo Cake in the Microwave
- Use whole milk or 2% milk. It is best to use a higher fat milk when you are making this recipe.
- Use a Microwave safe mug. It is important that you use a microwave safe mug.
- Spray mugs with non stick cooking spray. It is important to spray the mugs with non stick cooking spray before adding the cake batter so that it doesn’t stick to the mug.
- Consistency. When you are mixing the crushed Oreo cookies the cake batter will form, you want it to be a dark brown color when the cookies and milk combine.
- White cream on the top is normal. When you cook the Oreo cookie cake it will have white swirls on the top when it gets done cooking, that is normal and that is from the cream filling of the oreo.
How to Make It Fluffier
If you want the cake to be lighter and fluffier, instead of dense, you can add a pinch of baking powder to the cake. Sprinkle it on before adding the milk to the Oreos.
Can I Use Different Flavor Oreo Cookies?
Yes, you can use different flavors of Oreos this mug cake recipe. If you wanna make a vanilla Oreo mug cake use the golden oreos. You can use the holiday flavors as well to change up the flavor of this easy dessert recipe. Just make sure that the measurements of the ingredients remain the same and that you don’t use too many cookies.
What is the best way to crush the Oreo Cookies?
The best and easiest way to crush the cookies is to put them in the mug and crush them in there. This avoids having more mess than needed. If you want to you can toss the cookies into a food processor and make them into a finer crumble however I do not like doing that and adding extra clean up.
What toppings Can I use?
After cooking the delicious oreo mug cake in the microwave you can eat it as is or add some toppings. My favorite toppings are whipped cream and a bit of chocolate drizzle.
- Drizzle of chocolate sauce. If you want to add more chocolate hot fudge or chocolate sauce is a great topping.
- Whipped cream. I like using homemade whipped cream.
- Ice cream. It is delicious with a scoop of ice cream! I personally prefer a scoop of vanilla ice cream while a few of my kids love it with a scoop of chocolate ice cream.
- More Oreos. Of course you can add more Oreos, add another Oreo cookie a plastic bag and crush it and then sprinkle them on top after it is done cooking or place a full oreo on top.
How Long Does it Last?
This is a single-serve mug cake but if you find that you have leftovers, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should last up to 5 days.
Can you make them ahead of time?
This single serving cake recipe is so simple and quick to make that you don’t need to make them ahead of time. However, you can make the batter and store it for up to 3 days. You can also put the leftover cake in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can You Reheat the Cake?
If you want to reheat the cake, you will want to do it in the microwave. Heat it for 10 seconds. If it is still not warm enough, then you can reheat it for another 5-10 seconds. Be careful not to overheat it or it will burn.
Microwave Oreo Mug Cake Ingredients
- 4 Oreo Cookies
- 3 tablespoons milk
How to Make Oreo Mug Cake
In a large mug (at least an 8 ounce mug you can use larger) add the oreo cookies and use a spoon to mash them and break them apart.
Add in the milk to the crushed Oreos and stir, continuing to crush up the oreo cookies while mixing the milk in. They will get soft in the milk while you are mashing them.
Heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Check at the 30 second mark and if it looks liquidy heat it for an additional 15 – 30 seconds.
Remove from the microwave and top with whipped cream if desired.
Microwave Mug Recipes
Oreo Mug Cake
- 4 Oreo Cookies
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large mug (one that holds at least 8 ounces) add the oreo cookies and use a spoon to mash them and break them apart.
- Add in the milk and stir, continuing to crush up the oreo cookies while mixing the milk in. They will get soft in the milk while you are mashing them.
- Heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Check at the 30 second mark and if it looks liquidy heat for an additional 15 – 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and top with whipped cream if desired.