Slow Cooker pulled pork, homemade slaw and a tasty bun make this Pulled Pork and Slaw Sandwich Recipe perfect for dinner! Serve with your favorite BBQ sides and dinner is done! These pulled pork sandwiches are also great for feeding a crowd!
Pulled Pork and Slaw Sandwich Recipe
Looking for an easy dinner? This Pulled Pork and Slaw Sandwich Recipe takes slow cooker pulled pork and turns it into the most amazing sandwich ever! Tender and juicy pulled pork on a bun that is topped with a crunchy coleslaw yes, please!
Summer time is my least favorite time to cook. Aside from grilling I would like to skip cooking as much as possible and enjoy the warm weather and the time outside. I make as many recipes in the crockpot that I can or cold salad recipes that are easy so I can spend as much time as I can get doing other things.
This easy BBQ pork sandwich ends up in our meal rotation often. Sometimes as a dinner, sometimes as lunch with the leftover pulled pork I have made earlier in the week. If you find yourself with leftovers, this sandwich is perfect for using up leftover pulled pork!
If you are looking for a super easy meal to feed a crowd these easy pulled pork sandwiches are perfect! Let the pork shoulder cook in the slow cooker, make your slaw and that is it! Set out everything and let everyone make their own sandwiches. It is a crowd-pleaser that is super easy to make! That makes me happy when we are having a bunch of people to feed, I like easy cooking and say clean up so I can spend more time enjoy the people we have over.
What to serve with Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Any of your traditional BBQ sides will go well with this sandwich, if you are looking for side dish ideas be sure to check out a few of our favorites!
- Corn on the Cobb
- Garlic Parmesan Sweet Potato Fries
- Sundried tomato Pasta salad
- Microwave Sweet Potato
- Grilled Green Beans
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Salad
What is the Best Bun for these Sandwiches?
I make my life as easy as possible and go with whatever we have in the house. But you can use hamburger buns, potato buns, brioche buns, or a kaiser roll. If you are serving for a crowd and want smaller sandwiches you can totally use slider rolls too!
Can I make these ahead of time?
If you are wanting to meal prep and get stuff done ahead of time I suggest making the pork and the slaw and then storing in the fridge. Then reheat the meat and make the sandwiches at the time you are going to serve them.
The best toppings for Pulled Pork Sandwiches
While I love adding slaw on top of my sandwich there are also other tasty optioins for making slow cooker pulled pork.
Add BBQ sauce. It is cooked with BBQ sauce but tastes delicious when you add more on top.
Add cheese. A slice of cheese added on top is a great topping addition. American Cheese, Cheddar cheese, and provolone cheese are our go tos.
Add Pickles. I love adding crunchy pickle slices on top.
Pulled Pork and Slaw Sandwich Ingredients
- Pulled Pork
- Homemade Slaw
- Sturdy Rolls
How to Make Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Cook the pulled pork in the slow cooker. After putting the pork shoulder into the slow cooker make the slaw and store in the fridge until the meat is done cooking.
Set up the sandwich by putting a spoonful of pulled pork on the roll and then top with the homemade slaw.
Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pulled chicken
- Enchilada Casserole
- Italian Chicken Pasta
- Slow cooker taco meat
- Cauliflower white cheddar cheese soup
Pulled Pork and Slaw Sandwich
Pulled Pork Ingredients
- 7 pound Pork Shoulder
- 4 tablespoons barbecue Dry Rub seasoning
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 cups beef stock
- 18 ounces Barbecue Sauce
- 14 ounce bag tri-color slaw
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole celery seed
Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 8 rolls
How to Make Slaw
- Add slaw, parsley, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar and celery seed to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Store in the fridge until ready to use.
How to Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Cover the Pork Shoulder in dry rub.
- Add the beef stock, bay leaves, and pork shoulder into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove the cooked pork and the bay leaves from the slow cooker. Remove half of the liquid from the slow cooker. I find it best to do this with a liquid measuring cup.
- Remove the bone from the pork shoulder if you used a bone in cut of meat.
- Using a fork shred the pork and add it back into the slow cooker add the Barbecue sauce and mix well. Cook for an additional 30 minutes on low.
How to Make a Pulled Pork and Slaw Sandwich
- If you are making sandwiches they are amazing when you put a heaping spoonful of barbecue pulled pork with a spoonful of slaw on top!
Leave A Reply!