If you love cinnamon rolls but don’t love all the hassle that comes with making them from scratch, then these air fryer cinnamon rolls are for you! These cinnamon rolls are made using pre-made cinnamon roll dough, so all you have to do is pop them in the air fryer and enjoy warm, gooey cinnamon goodness in just minutes. Plus, no oven required means less mess to clean up afterward!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls made with refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls
We love homemade cinnamon rolls in our house but I don’t always have time to make them. When we want cinnamon rolls but are running short on time our go to is starting with the canned cinnamon rolls from the grocery store. Of course, they are delicious when you bake them in a conventional oven but that also means I have to take the time to heat it up.
There is not always time for me to heat up the oven and so I tried cooking them in the air fryer. I was super excited when it worked and the kids loved them. I had warm cinnamon rolls with gooey frosting that were quick and easy to make. This is such a great option when you are short on time and don’t want to heat up the oven. Cooking them in the air fryer is seriously the easiest way to make them. You are going to love this easy recipe.
These fluffy cinnamon rolls are perfect for a quick weekend mornings breakfast or an afternoon school snack. You can make air fryer pillsbury cinnamon rolls or use any store brand refrigerated cinnamon rolls with this recipe.
Recipes using Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll french toast casserole
- Pecan Sticky Buns
- Santa Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Easter Cinnamon Rolls
- Christmas Tree Cinnamon Rolls
How do you Make Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer
A delicious treat for any time of day, cinnamon rolls are a favorite among many. Simply pop refrigerated cinnamon rolls into the air fryer, set the temperature, and let it do its work. In just a few minutes, you’ll have hot, fresh cinnamon rolls that are sure to please. Following these steps, it is so easy to air fry cinnamon rolls and have the best air fryer cinnamon rolls. Keep reading for tips and the exacts on how to make them plus we have a printable recipe card as well.
Can you make Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls in the air fryer?
Not only can you make Pillsbury Grand Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer, you are going to absolutely love the way they come out. These delicious cinnamon rolls are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. These easy cinnamon rolls in the air fryer are done in as little as 7 minutes.
If you do not have Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls then you can use different brands they will work the same. You can use any variety of canned cinnamon rolls. My kids really like the ones with the cream cheese frosting.
How long do you cook Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls in the Air fryer?
The Air Fryer cinnamon rolls using canned dough will cook for about 8 minutes in the air fryer. Sometimes, they can be done at the 7 minute mark and sometimes it can take up to 10 minutes in the air fryer. It depends on the type of air fryer you have. Just like ovens, the temperature can be different from air fryer to air fryer even when they are the same model so the cooking time can vary.
How to store Left over cinnamon rolls
To store the leftover cinnamon rolls, you want to move them to an air-tight container. They can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator. They will last for about 2 to 3 days.
How to reheat Cinnamon Rolls
We do not normally have leftovers to reheat but if you do there are a few ways to reheat them. You want to be careful that you do not dry out the cinnamon rolls when you are reheating them.
- In the air fryer. You can reheat in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 360 degrees.
- In the oven. You can also use the oven and warm them for about 8 minutes. If the cinnamon rolls have been iced already, reheating in the oven or air fryer is a little messier than using the microwave.
- In the microwave. You want to be careful that you do not overheat the cinnamon rolls because otherwise, they can get rubbery. Reheat for 30 seconds at a time, using half power. Reheat until hot but do not overheat.
What is the best nonstick cooking spray to use in an air fryer
There are a lot of nonstick cooking sprays on the market. The best one to use in an air fryer is the coconut oil spray. It has a higher smoke point than other oils and it will not leave a residue in your air fryer like some of the other oils can. Coconut oil spray is also good for you. It is a natural oil and it has health benefits.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer?
Yes, you need to preheat your air fryer before cooking. Preheat it to 360 degrees for 3-5 minutes. This will help the cinnamon rolls cook evenly.
Why are my Cinnamon Rolls sticking to the Air Fryer Basket?
Typically, I do not encounter any problems with sticking. However, in case you experience sticking, you may place a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil in the basket. It’s important to perforate the parchment or foil with a few holes to enable air circulation.
Why are my Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls not cooked in the middle?
There are a few reasons why your Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls might not be cooked in the middle.
The first reason is that the air fryer was not preheated. This makes sure that the temperature is at the right setting for the entire time that the rolls are baking.
The second reason is that the cinnamon rolls were overcrowded in the air fryer. You want to make sure that they are not touching each other or they will not cook evenly.
Another reason is that the air fryer was not set to the correct temperature.
Lastly, is that the cinnamon rolls were not cooked long enough. Temperatures vary from one air fryer to another. That is why I give a range of times to bake the cinnamon rolls.
What temperature do you cook cinnamon rolls at in an Air fryer?
You want to bake them in Air fryer at 360 degrees.
Since these are made with refrigerated cinnamon rolls, you might think that you are stuck with just the basic cinnamon buns. You can easily customize these cinnamon rolls into something even better. It is so easy to customize them, no one would ever guess that they were made from a can.
- Add Chocolate chips, caramel chips, or even peanut butter chips. There are so many different types of chips on the market that you can add different ones to the cinnamon rolls. Add chocolate chips one time and mint chocolate the next.
- Use apple flavored chips at the beginning of fall and pumpkin spice chips in October. Slide the chips between the rolls of the dough to get the flavor inside of the cinnamon rolls.
- Glaze. The glaze comes in a basic powdered sugar style glaze, but you can make a new glaze if you like. You can make a cream cheese glaze in no time. Also, you can also use the glaze that comes with the cinnamon rolls but change the flavor. You can add different flavored extracts to the glaze to bring in different flavors.
- Bring on the holidays. You can make the rolls in different shapes in order to celebrate the holidays. Bent the outside roll to make it look like there are bunny ears on the cinnamon roll. Color the frosting orange for Halloween.
- Add sprinkles. You can make these cinnamon rolls into funfetti style by adding sprinkles. pres the sprinkles into the dough and into the center of the cinnamon roll dough rolls. Then once they are done in the Air Fryer, you can bring them out and add more unbaked sprinkles on top.
Air fryer cinnamon rolls Ingredients
- 1 tube of cinnamon rolls and the container of icing
- Nonstick cooking spray
How to make Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Put the refrigerated cinnamon rolls in a single layer bottom of the basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to make them in batches.
Cook for 8-10 minutes at 360°F until the tops are golden brown.
Check cinnamon buns at the 7 minute mark if not done cook longer – depending on air fryer they can take up to 10 minutes
Spread or drizzle the can of frosting on top.
Serve these fluffy air fryer cinnamon rolls as soon as they are done cooking and store left overs in an airtight container.
Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fried Pierogies
- Frozen Shrimp in the air fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- how to make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Steak Fries
- how to make Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can refrigerated cinnamon rolls and the container of icing
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray basket with cooking spray
- Put cinnamon rolls in a single layer
- Cook for 8-10 minutes at 360
- Check cinnamon rolls at 7 minute mark if not done cook longer – depending on air fryer they can take up to 10 minutes
- Spread can of frosting on top.
Leave A Reply!