If you are looking for the perfect dessert for your family dinner or a party then you are going to love these Mini Almond Bundt Cakes with Raspberry Glaze!
These cakes are made with homemade almond cake and topped with the perfect homemade Raspberry Glaze! This Raspberry Almond Cake recipe is the perfect dessert for just about anytime!
Raspberry Almond Cake
What is a bundt cake?
A bundt cake has nothing to do with the flavors of the cake. The bundt cake has everything to do with the shape of the cake, and the cake pan you are using to bake the cake. You can use a bundt cake pan for any flavor cake that you are making.
A Bundt pan generally has grooved sides and a central tube which leaves a cylindrical hole through the center of the cake. This cake pan design means more of the mixture touches the surface of the pan than when you use a round pan. The shape of the pan provides faster and more even heat distribution during the cooking time.
When you are making this almond cake in a bundt pan, you can use a full size bundt pan or mini bundt pans. I personally love the look of mini desserts, I also love the ease of serving them so when I can make little desserts I do.
With that being said, when you are looking to buy a bundt pan there are soooo many different styles and designs that you can buy. It is sometimes overwhelming when you are looking at the options, however just pick the style and design that you like the most. They will all cook cakes the same way.
How to Make Almond Bundt Cake with Raspberry Glaze
Mini Almond Bundt Cakes with Raspberry Glaze
Almond Bundt Cake
- 1/2 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions for bundt cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake wrappers.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set it aside.
- In a large liquid measuring cup mix together the milk and water, set it aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream the butter and sugar together about 5-6 minutes until the mixture has lightened.
- Mix in the sour cream and almond extract to the butter mixture, using a rubber spatula scrape down the edges of the bowl.
- Slowly stir in the egg whites one at a time until each egg is incorporated.
- Add in half the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, then half the milk mixture, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix in the remainder of the flour mixture then the remainder of the milk mixture.
- Scoop the batter into each cupcake wrapper so they are 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes then rotate your pans so the pan that was on the top rack is now on the bottom and vise verse. Continue to bake for an additional 6-10 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Place the cakes on a cooling rack with a sheet pan underneath them until they are cool.
Directions for raspberry glaze:
- Place the raspberries in a mesh sift. Using a rubber spatula press the raspberries through the sift to extract all the juices into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the powder sugar to the raspberry juices until all the sugar is incorporated. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cakes and allow the glaze to set for 10-15 minutes.
Love Cake? Check out these other tasty recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here