Sweet and savory, these Brown Sugar & Bacon Little Smokies are a guaranteed party hit! Kids and adults alike devour them and they’re quick and easy to make! My whole family loves these Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies appetizer.
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
Whether you’re hosting game day, a holiday party or any other event, these easy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies need to be on your menu! Made with little weenies, brown sugar and bacon, they are quick and easy to make. Not to mention, they’re always one of the first appetizers to disappear!
Serve them on a platter with toothpicks and you have a the perfect mess-free finger food! My only advice when making these is to make more than you think you need – especially if you have kids! Mine are known to try to turn these into a meal and eat far more than their fair share!
Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- 7 Layer Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe
- Taco Dip Recipe
- Spinach stuffed mushrooms
Can I Make These In Advance?
Yes, absolutely! These little smokies are great for assembling in advance. You can wrap the sausages in bacon and leave them in the fridge for up to 2 days. If you add the brown sugar, it will look “melted’ but still cook up nicely too. I usually wait to add the brown sugar just before baking.
How to Store
Cooked bacon-wrapped little smokies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
How Can I Make The Bacon Extra Crispy?
For extra crispy bacon, be sure to use thin cut bacon as it will crisp up quicker. However, as the brown sugar melts during baking, I’ve found the bacon never get super crispy. You can try leaving it in the oven for a few extra minutes but take care that the other ingredients don’t burn!
Cocktail Lil Smokies Variations
- Sausage variety. I used the OG little smokies for this recipe but you can use any similar brand or variety. They offer smoked little wieners, turkey or beef little wieners, and even ones with cheddar inside. Use your favorite!
- Make it spicy. Want a little kick to your little smokies? Stir some paprika or cayenne pepper into the brown sugar!
- Make it BBQ. For a BBQ version, bake as directed and simply baste with your favorite BBQ sauce at the end.
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies Ingredients
- 40 Lil’ Smokies sausages
- 20 piecees of bacon cut in half
- 1 cup brown sugar
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
Spray baking sheet with non stick spray.
Take each lil’ weenie and wrap it in half of a piece of bacon around it and stick a toothpick in to hold in place.
Cover the little smokies wrapped in bacon with brown sugar on all sides.
Have it overflowing because some will melt off.
Place all of the wrapped Lil’ smokies on the baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (until bacon is cooked).
Easy Snack Recipes
- Homemade Microwave Popcorn
- White Chocolate popcorn
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn
- Chex snack mix
- Homemade Pretzels
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- How to Make Pumpkin Seeds
Bacon wrapped Lil’ Smokies
- 40 Lil' weenies
- 20 pieces bacon with bacon cut into 1/2
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Spray baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Take each lil’ weenie and wrap it in half of a piece of bacon around it and stick a toothpick in to hold in place.
- Cover the little smokies wrapped in bacon with brown sugar on all sides.
- Have it overflowing because some will melt off.
- Place all of the wrapped Lil’ smokies on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (until bacon is cooked).
Comments & Reviews
Rhonda Williamson says
Hey Midget Momma, did you know that you can use whole water chestnuts in this recipe in place of the little weenies and they are delicious too. Just thought I would let you know.