This Mini crustless pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for anyone who is looking for a low carb pumpkin pie or a keto pumpkin pie. All the perfect pumpkin pie flavors that you love in a low carb, crustless version that are also mini! This crustless pumpkin pie can be made without sugar substitutes and use sugar instead if you are not eating keto or low carb.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
I love homemade pumpkin pie from scratch. I will eat it for breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner, or dessert. Ok, so I should probably say that I would eat pumpkin pie all day long.
However, I know that traditional pumpkin pies are not low carb and with Thanksgiving coming I set out to create a pumpkin pie recipe that has ALL the flavors of pumpkin pie but was also a sugar free pumpkin pie to keep the carbs low.
If you are looking for a full size low carb pumpkin pie that is keto friendly, check out this homemade keto pumpkin pie, that has an amazing crust.
I first tried to make a low carb pumpkin pie with crust, but to be honest it did not have the pumpkin pie crusts texture that I love so much. I tried different flours and nothing gave me the flavors I was wanting so I went with crustless pumpkin pie. It came out PERFECT with the perfect pumpkin pie flavor once I took away the crust!
This pumpkin pie recipe with no crust has all the perfect pumpkin and spices flavors you love of pumpkin pie without the crust.
Holiday Side Dish Recipes
- Cauliflower and Cheese
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Green Bean Casserole
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Parmesan Asparagus
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Green beans with bacon
What is Crustless Pumpkin Pie?
Crustless pumpkin pie is a variation of the traditional pumpkin pie that omits the crust. Instead of being baked in a pie crust, the filling is prepared and baked directly in a muffin tin, pie pan or pie dish, creating a smooth and custardy pumpkin dessert.
Why Is this the Best Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe?
- Easy to make. This recipe is mixed all in one bowl and then all you need is measuring cups, measuring spoons, and a muffin tin to bake them. Fewer dishes make for easy clean-up.
- Simple Ingredients. There are only 6 ingredients needed to make this easy crustless pumpkin pie recipe.
- Amazing taste. This pumpkin pie recipe without crust tastes just like pumpkin pie. It tastes so good that you won’t even miss the crust!
- Easy to adapt. While this recipe has monkfruit listed as the sweetener to use, you can use granulated white sugar if you are not low carb or keto.
Make The Holiday Easier!
Individual Serving Pumpkin Pie
I know how I am when it comes to pumpkin pie. I have NO restraints and I will cut a HUGE slice of pie and call it a serving when it is really 2-3 servings worth. To make portion control and self-restraint easier I made this Low Carb and Keto mini pumpkin pie recipe as individual servings.
Can I Make this Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Sugar?
Yes, I originally created this recipe to be low carb and I used monkfruit sweetener. If you are not low-carb or keto and want to make this recipe, instead of using monkfruit sweetener you can use granulated white sugar in equal amounts.
Can I use sugar instead of Lakanto Monkfruit?
Yes. You can use granulated white sugar instead of Lakanto Monkfruit in this recipe, you will want to use the same amounts as the recipe calls for but use sugar instead.
Homemade or canned Pumpkin Puree?
You can use homemade pumpkin puree or store bought pumpkin puree. Both will work for this recipe, I personally prefer to use homemade if I have some on hand or if I have the time to make some. If I don’t then I just use the canned.
I do however highly suggest using homemade pumpkin pie spice. It just tastes a whole lot better than the store-bought one!
Can I use pumpkin Pie filling?
For this crustless pumpkin pie recipe, you want to use pumpkin puree. Do not use pumpkin pie filling.
How to Serve Crustless Pumpkin Pie
You can serve it plain or with various toppings. Common toppings include whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, a drizzle of caramel sauce, or a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
How to Store Crustless Pumpkin Pie
After the crustless mini pumpkin pies have been baked, remove them from the muffin tin and allow them to cool completely at room temperature.
Then, place any leftovers in a serving dish and cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil or in a plastic storage container and store them in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for about 3-4 days.
Can crustless pumpkin pie be frozen?
Yes. To freeze crustless mini pumpkin pie, ensure they have cooled entirely. Wrap them well with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place them in an airtight container.
Frozen, they will last for about 2-3 months. When ready to eat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie Supplies
- 1 12 count muffin tin or 2 6 count muffin tins
- mixing bowl
Crustless Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- pumpkin puree
- heavy cream
- pumpkin pie spice
- Lakanto Monkfruit. If you are not keto or low carb you can use granulated white sugar.
How to Make Mini Crustless Low Carb Pumpkin Pie
In a large bowl add the pumpkin puree and the eggs. Use a whisk and mix well.
Once mixed well add in the heavy cream and mix well.
Add in the pumpkin spice, salt and Lakanto monkfruit and mix well.
Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
Pour the pumpkin pie into the muffin tins with an equal amount in each one.
Bake at 425 for 10 mins and then turn down to temperature to 350 and bake for another 30 mins.
Use a toothpick to check and make sure they are cooked completely. The toothpick will come out clean when they are. Once they are fully baked remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
Serve alone or topped with some Low Carb whipped cream!
Low carb pumpkin recipes!
- Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Keto Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Chaffle
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Chaffle
Love to bake? Here are some of our favorite tools to make it easier!
Mini crustless pumpkin pie recipe
- In a large bowl add the pumpkin puree and the eggs. Use a whisk and mix well.
- Once mixed well add in the heavy cream and mix well.
- Add in the pumpkin spice, salt and Lakanto monkfruit and mix well.
- Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour the pumpkin pie into the muffin tins with an equal amount in each one.
- Bake at 425 for 10 mins and then turn down to temperature to 350 and bake for another 30- 40 mins.
- Use a toothpick to check and make sure they are cooked completely. The toothpick will come out clean when they are. Once they are fully baked remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or topped with some Low Carb whipped cream!
More Low Carb Desserts you will love!